Resetting Converter Patterns

Lamia

I played Elder Scrolls Online for awhile and got addicted to the gambling boxes.  The box rewards tended to repeat in a non-random fashion.  Someone figured out that you could 'reset' sometimes, by switching to a different zone, including your house.  You waited til you got the Special drop and if you reset after that, often you might get another one.

I've known for awhile that the Converters from Special Salvage had similar issues.  Whole 'random' sequences would repeat, I'd get the exact same Enhancement five times in a row, I'd try converting Enhancements within their own set and just go back and forth between the same two, wasting so much Merits and Influence.  Nothing like random.

I thought there might be a similar 'reset' fix.  I tried switching zones, but nothing.  The Help Channel suggested it might be linked to my global name but no one knew of any tricks.  So I tried switching between two Enhancements to convert, first one, then the other.  They'd follow each others pattern sometimes, but often I started getting sequences to with more variety.  It worked and I'm so relieved.

Anyway, I hoped this might work for other people too. 😊