Dark Dark +45% Range Build

Snarky

I put this massively frankenslotted build together to push the +range to it's max.  This (to me) gives fluidity in combat and the ability to use strategy to survive rather than standing close to the hurt and using def/res/heal to deal with the issue.  It also pushes the 4 cones out to absurdity, including the all important Fear cone.  Recharge was a secondary goal.

Corr Dark Dark all range 1.01.mbd

As a dark/empath who wants to also stay at range (this also goes especially for assault rifle/Dev blasters) here is what I have found helpful if you really want to stay at long range and maximize those cones (without looking at what you did, so this may be redundant)

If you have a blast that is 5 slotted with a ranged damage set, add a 6th slot and grab a Dam/Range HO or IO.

Bombardment has a range bonus at slot 2. You can use that 5 times. This will require 5 powers that accept that set of course.

Some ATO sets (I don’t think any crafted purple sets) grant plus range. Throw those in ranged damage powers.

There is an alpha slot that grants +range on T4. Not sure if it is musculature or not. You will obviously want that.

All of that will make your cones the best they can be. You want to maximize range and damage. Combined with high recharge, you can kill most things before they get to you. If you are not using dark (and even if you are) the diamagnetic incarnate adds extra -tohit for even more free defense. 

long distance, high recharge, high damage, good defense, and -tohit debuffs equal great survivability!

having >80% global recharge before hasten and >20% defense to any type of damage is fairly easy to obtain.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arkieboy72472 said:

As a dark/empath who wants to also stay at range (this also goes especially for assault rifle/Dev blasters) here is what I have found helpful if you really want to stay at long range and maximize those cones (without looking at what you did, so this may be redundant)

If you have a blast that is 5 slotted with a ranged damage set, add a 6th slot and grab a Dam/Range HO or IO.

Bombardment has a range bonus at slot 2. You can use that 5 times. This will require 5 powers that accept that set of course.

Some ATO sets (I don’t think any crafted purple sets) grant plus range. Throw those in ranged damage powers.

There is an alpha slot that grants +range on T4. Not sure if it is musculature or not. You will obviously want that.

All of that will make your cones the best they can be. You want to maximize range and damage. Combined with high recharge, you can kill most things before they get to you. If you are not using dark (and even if you are) the diamagnetic incarnate adds extra -tohit for even more free defense. 

long distance, high recharge, high damage, good defense, and -tohit debuffs equal great survivability!

having >80% global recharge before hasten and >20% defense to any type of damage is fairly easy to obtain.

the bombardment +5% is great, but most builds cannot slot 5 sets.  However the Snipe has a set that is the same 5%, so can usually get 5x5% there.

Most of the other I/O sets that offer +range are ATOs.  to maximize you may need to split an ATO set.  and get the bonus twice.  

There is a TP set that offer +7.5% range, but you have to take TP, and it is a 4 slot...

The Alpha is Intuition, radial i believe.  +33% damage, some other good stuff, and +20% range.  That will be going onto this, not included in the posted build.  I almost never show incarnate choices on a build.  So that would end up +65% range total.  which even makes a 40 ft cone start to be decent!  an 80ft cone?  yowza.

14 minutes ago, Snarky said:

the bombardment +5% is great, but most builds cannot slot 5 sets.  However the Snipe has a set that is the same 5%, so can usually get 5x5% there.

Most of the other I/O sets that offer +range are ATOs.  to maximize you may need to split an ATO set.  and get the bonus twice.  

There is a TP set that offer +7.5% range, but you have to take TP, and it is a 4 slot...

The Alpha is Intuition, radial i believe.  +33% damage, some other good stuff, and +20% range.  That will be going onto this, not included in the posted build.  I almost never show incarnate choices on a build.  So that would end up +65% range total.  which even makes a 40 ft cone start to be decent!  an 80ft cone?  yowza.

I was unaware of other sets that offered a range bonus. That’s great. The idea as far as I am concerned: If the game allows me to see it, I can shoot it. There isn’t much in the game, if anything that increases draw distance. In my AR/dev blaster. I could out snipe my visual distance. By the time any one enemy gets to me, I have already cycled through my powers and they are likely gone. And yea, some cone powers have been buffed a bit by widening. It is to the point with some powers that you will max out your targets fairly easily. That of course means you will take on quite a bit of aggro. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, arkieboy72472 said:

I was unaware of other sets that offered a range bonus. That’s great. The idea as far as I am concerned: If the game allows me to see it, I can shoot it. There isn’t much in the game, if anything that increases draw distance. In my AR/dev blaster. I could out snipe my visual distance. By the time any one enemy gets to me, I have already cycled through my powers and they are likely gone. And yea, some cone powers have been buffed a bit by widening. It is to the point with some powers that you will max out your targets fairly easily. That of course means you will take on quite a bit of aggro. 

If a dark blaster like above is starting a cone volley your way, it kind of does not matter how angry you get.  you are not going to hit nothing

Posted (edited)

Set Comparison
Invention Set    Type    Levels    # Enhs    Bonus
Blaster's Wrath    Blaster Archetype    10-50    3    7.5%
Superior Blaster's Wrath    Blaster Archetype    50-50    3    10%
Malice of the Corruptor    Corruptor Archetype    10-50    3    7.5%
Superior Malice of the Corruptor    Corruptor Archetype    50-50    3    10%
Defender's Bastion    Defender Archetype    10-50    3    7.5%
Superior Defender's Bastion    Defender Archetype    50-50    3    10%
Panacea    Healing    10-50    5    7.5%
Gladiator's Net    Holds    10-50    3    10%
Bombardment    Ranged AoE Damage    30-50    2    5%
Javelin Volley    Ranged AoE Damage    10-50    2    7.5%
Gladiator's Javelin    Ranged Damage    10-50    2    7.5%
Opportunity Strikes    Sentinel Archetype    10-50    2    7.5%
Sentinel's Ward    Sentinel Archetype    10-50    3    7.5%
Superior Opportunity Strikes    Sentinel Archetype    50-50    2    10%
Superior Sentinel's Ward    Sentinel Archetype    50-50    3    10%
Experienced Marksman    Sniper Attacks    10-50    2    5%
Warp    Teleport    15-50    4    7.5%

Most of the PvP sets are +range only in PvP   I believe Marksman is the only exception.

So other than AT specific sets you have bombardment, marksman, warp and that is it.  A max of 32.5% from non AT sources.  Plus Incarnate Alpha and AT sets

Damn, I just realized you could get 5 x 10% bonuses by frankenslotting sentinel.  with 32.5% from other sets is 82.5%, then get +20% from incarnate alpha.  slightly over +100% range.... of course they start out at half range and gimped damage, so you are still just getting to blaster range with that strategy

Edited by Snarky