Opinion and Tips for This Ele/Ele Build Please

WuTang

• Obliteration isn't optimal in Lightning Field. It has a ton of recharge (which you don't need) but not much end reduction. You can get more efficient slotting with Scirocco's Dervish or Avalanche (which allow you to slot acc/dmg, acc/dmg/end, dmg/end).
  • 6-slotting Build Up isn't worth it. Slot the Gaussian's proc here plus 1-2 of the pieces with recharge.
  • Grounded is an auto power and doesn't need end red or recharge. Drop the UG and move the Gladiator's +def here plus the Gladiator's resist piece.
  • You need to run Tough to cap your S/L resists, so needs end red. Slot a res/end piece (and potentially add a resist piece).
  • Weave needs to be running for the Kismet +6% to work, so needs end red. (You could also drop the Kismet if you're running FA.)
  • Gaussian's proc in FA is a bad idea (it will only have a chance to go off every 10s). Also, FA is a costly toggle to run and needs 2-3 pieces with end red. While the additional acc and tohit is nice, you really want it for the tohit debuff resistance.
  • Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

5 hours ago, WuTang said:

Hi all! I'm ready to respec my scrapper and am trying to figure out a good build. I think this one isn't too bad, but would like some opinions on it and maybe some suggestions.

Thanks! Also, not 100% sure I'm importing this correctly...so here's hoping y'all can open it.

EB - Scrapper (Electrical Melee - Electric Armor)-EB-2.mbd 44.86 kB · 4 downloads

Looking at your build...for one thing, you grab Combat Jumping before Weave, so why not put those Unique IOs like Kismet in Combat Jumping, instead of Weave, so you have access to the +ToHit sooner and while exempt?

I'd likely forgo Havok Punch and grab a different power, as Charged Brawl will recharge fast enough to use in it's place along with Jacob's Ladder and Chain Induction.

I tried to keep the bonuses going in the direction I think you were going for.  Can't say I would do the build 100% this way (like why 2 travel powers...concept?) but I didn't want to change your power picks either (like why no Snipe?  Mu Mastery keeps the Electric theme).

Also, could move the BU Proc from FA and put another ENDRED in FA.  To match what was said in the previous post.

EBv2 - Scrapper (Electrical Melee - Electric Armor).mbd

Edited by BrandX

1 hour ago, Uun said:
  • Obliteration isn't optimal in Lightning Field. It has a ton of recharge (which you don't need) but not much end reduction. You can get more efficient slotting with Scirocco's Dervish or Avalanche (which allow you to slot acc/dmg, acc/dmg/end, dmg/end).
  • 6-slotting Build Up isn't worth it. Slot the Gaussian's proc here plus 1-2 of the pieces with recharge.
  • Grounded is an auto power and doesn't need end red or recharge. Drop the UG and move the Gladiator's +def here plus the Gladiator's resist piece.
  • You need to run Tough to cap your S/L resists, so needs end red. Slot a res/end piece (and potentially add a resist piece).
  • Weave needs to be running for the Kismet +6% to work, so needs end red. (You could also drop the Kismet if you're running FA.)
  • Gaussian's proc in FA is a bad idea (it will only have a chance to go off every 10s). Also, FA is a costly toggle to run and needs 2-3 pieces with end red. While the additional acc and tohit is nice, you really want it for the tohit debuff resistance.

Better? I really wish I would've known about swapping to red side at 35, cause I would've taken Mu over Energy just for more lightning attacks. But as it is, from the choices I have, Energy is it. And thanks for the advice!

EB - Scrapper (Electrical Melee - Electric Armor)-EB-3.mbd

8 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Looking at your build...for one thing, you grab Combat Jumping before Weave, so why not put those Unique IOs like Kismet in Combat Jumping, instead of Weave, so you have access to the +ToHit sooner and while exempt?

I'd likely forgo Havok Punch and grab a different power, as Charged Brawl will recharge fast enough to use in it's place along with Jacob's Ladder and Chain Induction.

I tried to keep the bonuses going in the direction I think you were going for.  Can't say I would do the build 100% this way (like why 2 travel powers...concept?) but I didn't want to change your power picks either (like why no Snipe?  Mu Mastery keeps the Electric theme).

EBv2 - Scrapper (Electrical Melee - Electric Armor).mbd 45.39 kB · 0 downloads

I think I don't understand how procs work. Does the damage from the proc increase as you level or is it static like Performance Shifter +End? Just I see people with builds that are proc-heavy, so I'm assuming they must make a huge difference? Also, the Gaussian proc Build Up, some people tell me to put it in Build Up for a "double build up," then others have it in an auto ability like you do.

And thanks for the build! And the help!

10 minutes ago, WuTang said:

Better? I really wish I would've known about swapping to red side at 35, cause I would've taken Mu over Energy just for more lightning attacks. But as it is, from the choices I have, Energy is it. And thanks for the advice!

You can change alignment at any time by seeing Null the Gull in Pocket D. The Patron arcs become available at lvl 35, but you can run them up to lvl 50.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

24 minutes ago, WuTang said:

I think I don't understand how procs work. Does the damage from the proc increase as you level or is it static like Performance Shifter +End? Just I see people with builds that are proc-heavy, so I'm assuming they must make a huge difference? Also, the Gaussian proc Build Up, some people tell me to put it in Build Up for a "double build up," then others have it in an auto ability like you do.

And thanks for the build! And the help!

I would've put the proc in Build Up, but I left it in FA because you had it there.  Also, I couldn't quite remember if FA allowed for the build up to proc more often, like it can in Tactics when you're teamed/with pets.

The proc damage is static how often they go off is based on other factors...their own proc rate, but also a power's recharge (the more recharge enhancement in a power...so not counting set bonuses/hasten) with have the proc go often less.  Also, if I recall Lightning Rod being a pet doesn't proc as well...so kept it for set bonuses over more procs.  Lightning Field won't proc well either, so it's a great place for the full Scrapper Set with the +3% Crit Chance (as that's static and not really so much a proc)

You looked to be going after capped Resists.  I've done many Elec Armor builds, I'd suggest taking the hit on Toxic Resist and just holding onto Resist Inspirations when taking on Toxic damage.

And as stated, I'd forgo Havok Punch and go Mu Mastery and grab the Snipe myself.  Also wasn't sure why you took 2 travel powers.  So could make changes there.

1 hour ago, Uun said:

You can change alignment at any time by seeing Null the Gull in Pocket D. The Patron arcs become available at lvl 35, but you can run them up to lvl 50.

Oh! Yeah I knew about Null but was under the impression that at 35 was when you could do the missions. Do I have to go Villain ir will Vigilante work?

39 minutes ago, BrandX said:

I would've put the proc in Build Up, but I left it in FA because you had it there.  Also, I couldn't quite remember if FA allowed for the build up to proc more often, like it can in Tactics when you're teamed/with pets.

The proc damage is static how often they go off is based on other factors...their own proc rate, but also a power's recharge (the more recharge enhancement in a power...so not counting set bonuses/hasten) with have the proc go often less.  Also, if I recall Lightning Rod being a pet doesn't proc as well...so kept it for set bonuses over more procs.  Lightning Field won't proc well either, so it's a great place for the full Scrapper Set with the +3% Crit Chance (as that's static and not really so much a proc)

You looked to be going after capped Resists.  I've done many Elec Armor builds, I'd suggest taking the hit on Toxic Resist and just holding onto Resist Inspirations when taking on Toxic damage.

And as stated, I'd forgo Havok Punch and go Mu Mastery and grab the Snipe myself.  Also wasn't sure why you took 2 travel powers.  So could make changes there.

Ah well the 2 travel powers was because out of the pools I'd picked the pickens were slim.

13 minutes ago, WuTang said:

Oh! Yeah I knew about Null but was under the impression that at 35 was when you could do the missions. Do I have to go Villain ir will Vigilante work?

Rogue or Villain to run the mission arc for the patron pool powers.  35 or higher for level.