It is Memes

venetiasilver

The fundamental issue with regen is that regen has nothing going for it. It has no defense and no resists so the only way to benifit at all is to be a tanker that has a much higher HP pool. However, even with a higher HP pool, without defensives/resists and regen being the only thing sustaining the character, there is nothing preventing that character from dying to one shot damage.  The only power set in the game that could possibly make it less bad is the dark power set as it decreases the amount of times the player gets hit but even then, that is not going to be much of a help.

That is why WP is also kind of a bad powerset as well as it is a hybrid between regen and resistance which only makes it so your character will get two to three shotted instead of being oneshot as WP does only half the job of a resist build with none of the benefits,  WP and Regen could use a rework.

Would be nice if it had absorb like the Sentinel version. IO-ing it out for Def also helps greatly, as do Incarnate ablities. Will still be behind other sets, but can become more comfortable with more difficult content. Also wish it had higher -regen resist. It should be an absolute king at regen and keeping it that way, despite debuffs.

Former Paragon Studios QA - Redname Fireman

Current and always Scrapper enthusiast

Here's a weird idea for Regen - what if the set was made so that "death" was not much of a problem at all, but part of the playstyle?

Revive currently has a recharge of 300s and provides 90s of Debt Protection, meaning if you slot it for Recharge build up a big Global rech you can pull off serial Revives.

What if we made that really easy?

Add 100% Debt Protection to Fast Healing, so its always on.

Lower the Recharge on Revive to like 60 seconds or even 30. This way, every time you get defeated, you're seconds away from being able to get up again. That's a very Wolverine/T-1000 -like way to fight. 🙂

What am I missing here?

Every time you die you wipe all debuffs (which is good) but also lose Hasten and Instant Healing and other click buffs. If there was a way to put the buffs on hold so they still applied when you revived, that could work?

(And I second the idea of lowering Reconstruction's recharge to 30. It struck me as odd when I started playing that it took 60 seconds but Healing Aura had like a 8 second recharge)

2 hours ago, MonteCarla said:

Here's a weird idea for Regen - what if the set was made so that "death" was not much of a problem at all, but part of the playstyle?

Revive currently has a recharge of 300s and provides 90s of Debt Protection, meaning if you slot it for Recharge build up a big Global rech you can pull off serial Revives.

What if we made that really easy?

Add 100% Debt Protection to Fast Healing, so its always on.

Lower the Recharge on Revive to like 60 seconds or even 30. This way, every time you get defeated, you're seconds away from being able to get up again. That's a very Wolverine/T-1000 -like way to fight. 🙂

What am I missing here?

Every time you die you wipe all debuffs (which is good) but also lose Hasten and Instant Healing and other click buffs. If there was a way to put the buffs on hold so they still applied when you revived, that could work?

(And I second the idea of lowering Reconstruction's recharge to 30. It struck me as odd when I started playing that it took 60 seconds but Healing Aura had like a 8 second recharge)

I like the Revive idea, but I will say, I still think -Regen Resist & Slow Resist in Fast Healing and a bit more Resist in Resilience would be good.  Also I still feel all of Integration should be enhanceable.

• Like 1