What Does Energy Focus Do?

hakurr

Energy Focus is the end result of the gimmicky "combo system" the Homecoming developers jammed into Energy Melee as the price we had to pay in order to get the faster version of Energy Transfer back.

So, whenever you do Total Focus you pick up a charge of Energy Focus. If you use Energy Transfer while you have a charge of Energy Focus it will do the fast animation instead of the slow one. If you do Whirling Hands with Energy Focus it makes the AoE larger, and if you do Bone Smasher (IIRC) with Energy Focus it gives a damage resistance debuff to your target. Correction: It increases the max targets of Power Crash and adds a -regen to Barrage.

Once you use a charge of Energy Focus like this it goes away. Oh, and Scrappers sometimes get two charges when they do Total Focus.

Edited by PeregrineFalcon
Corrected the powers affected by Energy Focus

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 3/26/2024 at 11:37 AM, PeregrineFalcon said:

If you do Whirling Hands with Energy Focus it makes the AoE larger, and if you do Bone Smasher (IIRC) with Energy Focus it gives a damage resistance debuff to your target.

Power Crash and Barrage (not Whirling Hands and Bone Smasher).

Power Crash: increases max targets by 5

Barrage: -regen, -secondary effects, 100% stun chance

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

22 minutes ago, Uun said:

Power Crash and Barrage (not Whirling Hands and Bone Smasher).

Power Crash: increases max targets by 5

Barrage: -regen, -secondary effects, 100% stun chance

You're correct. Thank you.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.