Mastermind Pets need survivability buffs

3 hours ago, Black Zot said:

Which does nothing at all to help MMs in the other 95% of the game.

3 hours ago, Videra said:

Oh, well, egg on my face. I forgot about that.

Still does nothing for MMs in the other majority of the game.

All I am saying is that MM pets are already equal level to the MM in incarnate content including incarnate zones. I was correcting @Videra's post. What does that have to do with MM pets outside of incarnate content?

@Rudra I think what's being said is that propagating the level shifts of henchmen from incarnate content to *all* content will address some of their biggest frailty problems, since level differences contribute to threat colors and thereby adjust the damage suffered and inflicted (a White entity against a Gray entity will defeat it with ease, as discussed earlier in the thread).  If the Devs are looking for low-coding high-impact buffs for Masterminds, then carrying that level shift through the game would be an excellent place to start... moreso than addressing enhancements, inherent powers, or base stats.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ThatGuyCDude said:

@Rudra I think what's being said is that propagating the level shifts of henchmen from incarnate content to *all* content will address some of their biggest frailty problems, since level differences contribute to threat colors and thereby adjust the damage suffered and inflicted (a White entity against a Gray entity will defeat it with ease, as discussed earlier in the thread).  If the Devs are looking for low-coding high-impact buffs for Masterminds, then carrying that level shift through the game would be an excellent place to start... moreso than addressing enhancements, inherent powers, or base stats.

I'm not sure that's as low-coding an issue as you may think. When levelling up don't forget the pets have different levels depending on how many you get of each type at that level. Not something that has an impact at incarnate levels but legacy stuff like that could be a nightmare to untangle when trying to apply it to the entire game. I'd hope it would be a straightforward thing to implement, but experience says that's never the case.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

I suspect that actually applying "Pets be the same level as the MM" is very straightforward; but rebalancing the T1/T2 pet's damage output (and survivability!) would be non-trivial.

To keep things "level" they'd need to at a minimum go into every ability those pets get and adjust their "damage scale" downwards... they obviously didn't feel the need to do a rebalance for Incarnate Content, but aside from Dark Astoria that's mostly (supposedly) extreme endgame content on a team of veteran players.

• Thumbs Up 1