Mind Telekinesis/Levitate question...

If anyone has used these 2 after the updates maybe you can help answer a couple questions...

When using TK on mob, using levitate says it does AOE dmg. I'm assuming that damage is based off your levitate slotting? 

Mass Hyp and TK do no damage, could you MH them to sleep and then use TK to group them without waking them up? 

As I have a Mind dom and these 2 powers I skipped previously...

Can anyone share their overall thoughts and experience using these now? What synergies to you find with other powers.

Please share the Good, bad and in between. 

Thanks 

15 hours ago, graeberguinn said:

When using TK on mob, using levitate says it does AOE dmg. I'm assuming that damage is based off your levitate slotting? 

It appears that way, though according to City of Data it looks like the AoE damage to the enemies other than your target is 55% less than Levitate's single target damage.

• Like 1
  • Microphone 1

On a Mind Controller, the "draw in and AoE immob" is a pretty big improvement over "push away", and the AoE damage from Levitate is the chef's kiss on top.

Note that while using Levitate will turn off TK, the enemies will still stay immob'd for a few seconds, letting you get another containment-boosted AoE attack in. Also, if your anchor dies without you having used Levitate, you can still target them with Levitate to get the splash damage on the surrounding targets.

The power still takes finesse to use, though. TK will try to keep foes 40-ish feet away from you, so it's not super easy to run into melee. Though you can use this to drag foes around, or even pull them into the air!

It's fun =)