Bots/Empathy MM looking for input

Ekos-Gax

Hi Guys and Gals, im looking for a bit of insight, on a build,

Im going for a Bots/Empathy MM, i do have a theme im going for, hence the powers, but am having trouble making them work

Bascially he is a piece of medical equipment that got annoyed at the all the times people died because they couldnt get help in time so he decided to take the health care to the streets, hence the empathy and the bots are others he uses so he doesnt break a healers oath to do no harm, cos they are doing the harm.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

as for slotting which i totally forgot because im no good at it, but i do know my minions need acc/dmg, protector, end/def

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 49 Technology Mastermind

Primary Power Set: Robotics

Secondary Power Set: Empathy

Power Pool: Flight

Power Pool: Leadership

Power Pool: Teleportation

Ancillary Pool: Charge Mastery

Villain Profile:

Level 1: Pulse Rifle Blast

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Healing Aura

• (A) Empty
  • (3) Empty

Level 2: Battle Drones

• (A) Empty
  • (3) Empty

Level 4: Heal Other

• (A) Empty

Level 6: Equip Robot

• (A) Empty

Level 8: Fly

• (A) Empty

Level 10: Resurrect

• (A) Empty

Level 12: Protector Bots

• (A) Empty

Level 14: Hover

• (A) Empty

Level 16: Absorb Pain

• (A) Empty

Level 18: Maneuvers

• (A) Empty

Level 20: Fortitude

• (A) Empty
  • (21) Empty

Level 22: Assault

• (A) Empty

Level 24: Tactics

• (A) Empty

Level 26: Assault Bot

• (A) Empty

Level 28: Recovery Aura

• (A) Empty

Level 30: Teleport Foe

• (A) Empty

Level 32: Upgrade Robot

• (A) Empty

Level 35: Regeneration Aura

• (A) Empty

Level 38: Electric Shackles

• (A) Empty

Level 41: Surge of Power

• (A) Empty

Level 44: Thunder Strike

• (A) Empty

Level 47: [Empty]

Level 49: [Empty]

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Supremacy

Level 2: Rest

• (A) Empty

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Health

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Hurdle

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Stamina

• (A) Empty

------------

So first a word of warning, Empathy isn't that great a secondary for MMs, it's ok on teams but you'll find yourself a bit squishy while soloing. Pain Domination is more designed with MMs in mind.

So question, I noticed you have Pulse Rifle Blast, while I am in favor of taking the personal attacks for MMs doesn't that go against the theme?

In general your power selection looks fine. A few changes I would make:

1. I'd replace Teleport Foe with Recall Friend, TP Foe is very situational while Recall Friend is nice to have if you've got room.

2. Definitely take Vengeance as one of your remaining power picks, even if you never use it it's incredibly useful as a spot to stick a LotG Recharge IO.

3. I'm not a huge fan of Charge Mastery on Masterminds due to the lack of a shield power. My recommendation for your character would actually be Mace Mastery. You get several non-damaging control powers (which fits well with your theme), a S/L shield (which will stack with the shield from your protector bots) and Power Boost (which can be used to increase the defense buff from Fortitude). If you really want an "oh shit" resistance power I'd suggest Field Mastery over Charge Mastery, it's got a resistance shield, Force of Nature and you can use either Energy Torrent or Explosive Blast as a knockdown soft-control power.

Oh yeah, when you're slotting Fortitude, 3 Membrane Enhancements is a great option.

Regarding pet slotting here's what I have in my bots:

So for the bots themselves I'm not really using sets. Basically for the Battle and Assault Bots I'm aiming for 3 Acc/Dam with the other three slots being the Aura IOs. For the Protector Bots I've got two Acc/Dam, one Acc/Dam/End and have a partial LotG set in the other slots. I am accepting a little less Accuracy on the assault bot in order to get an extra 10% Recharge, since it is even level to me it doesn't need accuracy as much as the other two. Note that I used attuned IOs for most of the auras, the exception was the Sovereign Right IOs in Battle Bots which I needed to make crafted so I could +5 them. Also I used Nucleolus Exposure's because I'm lazy, getting level 50 Acc/Dam IOs and +5'ing them is cheaper.

Level 1: Battle Drones

• (A) HamiO:Nucleolus Exposure
  • (3) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
  • (3) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Recharge/Pet +AoE Defense Aura: Level 50
  • (5) Sovereign Right - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50 + 5
  • (5) Sovereign Right - Resistance Bonus: Level 25
  • (7) Call to Arms - Defense Bonus Aura for Pets: Level 30

Level 12: Protector Bots

• (23) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
  • (23) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50
  • (25) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance: Level 50
  • (25) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 50
  • (27) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed: Level 50

Level 26: Assault Bot

• (37) HamiO:Nucleolus Exposure
  • (37) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Damage: Level 50
  • (39) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Endurance/Pet +Resist +Regen: Level 50
  • (39) Expedient Reinforcement - Resist Bonus Aura for Pets: Level 50
  • (39) Edict of the Master - Defense Bonus: Level 30

Defender Smash!

So first a word of warning, Empathy isn't that great a secondary for MMs, it's ok on teams but you'll find yourself a bit squishy while soloing. Pain Domination is more designed with MMs in mind.

So question, I noticed you have Pulse Rifle Blast, while I am in favor of taking the personal attacks for MMs doesn't that go against the theme?

In general your power selection looks fine. A few changes I would make:

1. I'd replace Teleport Foe with Recall Friend, TP Foe is very situational while Recall Friend is nice to have if you've got room.

2. Definitely take Vengeance as one of your remaining power picks, even if you never use it it's incredibly useful as a spot to stick a LotG Recharge IO.

3. I'm not a huge fan of Charge Mastery on Masterminds due to the lack of a shield power. My recommendation for your character would actually be Mace Mastery. You get several non-damaging control powers (which fits well with your theme), a S/L shield (which will stack with the shield from your protector bots) and Power Boost (which can be used to increase the defense buff from Fortitude). If you really want an "oh shit" resistance power I'd suggest Field Mastery over Charge Mastery, it's got a resistance shield, Force of Nature and you can use either Energy Torrent or Explosive Blast as a knockdown soft-control power.

Oh yeah, when you're slotting Fortitude, 3 Membrane Enhancements is a great option.

Thanks for the feedback first of all. I took the blast, because i feel as though i needed to take it as way to pull, start combat when they are in bodyguard mode yeah it is a bit against the theme. As for empathy not being that great i am begining to see it, but i only use him with a couple a of friends so its sort of balanced out with the team. Though i did consider taking Pain domination when im made him as it would still fit the theme, and reading the descriptions, as it numbs the pain and what not just like pain killers before the fix.

Thanks for the tips aswell i will apply them, and go from there.