Trying Darl/Dark for the first time.

I have stayed away from dark/ due to all the stories about end management problems.

Please take a look and tell me what changes are needed. My placement of the powers might could be better.

Chunk

Spoiler

G81rAKyKdwQVC+EihVFen7JjoRdnlCJde37+nMpXNbkO0H/Ed8P42VEMj3QyO6AnTyjOVLWqWkP3Idq9648BvUBLs2tiaVIgpbuss0nKLk3m9gstBTilX8kFyH37pTZCVcfZ0v/uXp29nd0NAZdwPt5dkVQUuQJqcoDOt0bWyZnSboBcZGwVqYuXFa42RisuvA7HwELWj6oXwSIhVPThqY9oLYXCNV6+ic1cE9h5QgqXt1e9CZBDakwBinQE/Bx6n1DFeaTe4eBACilphq4HoNyuuNuFWRJuGJ5AlVJyAQJlTQlkzzoPaP/GPeCWIOI1BoQ/6ADUCY7+qTV2vLZp2RBIjvqPHqm/byjJw4cU0lqDWfhhX6qe7ykQrOBudfJJzSazoiZ91iJYeg3SWXqD5LogVB+VwDQus76m4qx5acJdGsgrsGZPSmVjpT0suS3+QYk1JAJ5t9EcWwArS268Lx/o1BVaVaUU6vV2t/KwGqqbFnGD2PoWqXgE3eHQ/l+sh3AZbG+GsdmyMXgZtja2QW2Ij8r7NqX5S/rRSb6HdgM6qCbAiIXsvia1cgmr+JmmBEJ7u6VQTXHXBFv36jwE+3RgE4JxrQkk69TxE5/ACreGahXB/uqeYDEiCUn9bcIW0jhNl7+qeihnEtmJ2W6Q182g0Tr8XtijSSZTihi3PvaD5mUiwRKJCxVU7s+vmwrdTv6P3QtnjRlqKJb/055xcOejus3qpY6GdkFHnSxHX4dUULyoHqQWXFIPBRDQDPmmHl/hHxfAoc6iDGT8+QKB6AGSJRcSW5hvbDk4j/sxoL5n7G6jkr2icyVPyLbimoS07ODM15yFwj/W09mbNB7xpYFHxW86O4OP1/ANTFu/eOkY0vwzL+aKuhg2GO9jy/DLXVaytNc0H3C9wpovFsnXaNGsCqVhFhbODyKMbJwPaVtwZdLtrgyxt2nu74g9VxfNM4osGCJd9SanbTEjFxoSpe1dOleb5wPpYdXWL3GTLe6tKA0eogUMFxTZb74YgJEvNq3MpHd9eUAMLh9uNmgiXgmR1wR3z5sQQ8CtJmcWBh72n7vPsxzzLt5x8g413bdss3qQsJ7baE2h3fMiBBkQLieO4woNz3PEnb4U4NALW67bw1Mjl6wM1B6LEiVvpt8xTsLtGWebRv6L2hXuePwK14lwoNIF6BNeLffr/bWtgNE0h/6KrcRv8UP6ln4c1HAxUWqayTS0hyKLTQ5bqTK67Zf1DI+oTT04F8uGo+8Obrtp1pmGnd7iJoc7Px1y0blMnR0byYas5jR/90fgX9bheK8SVzoLs9oDKGLhONdvX2duSJUW25UYmcb/KT8+WRExt3j5p+N7fRzgm+tnorsk71keIxQ4qLqGQUfHJkZ5VtmijlRqN9CRWGZ8wsKz3VQz0ddJQRqKFSUuq9woL/kI0CMrYoTQFYuOq1dBCVaAbACMSjU9Fv+y2L5w/4BtnE5xwx8E5qVa04bUrgnhiB2+6n+0WOSw8hRMo02cEVZoRRb6lkM7eJQWsy3Rivj3JZCWqQFXTr33e4LsuTuutTfb5LlPMY28k7VqjrE+/vYnaTrC7O+EjxZI/SaL7S54FYHm9cj2iivAWWCiYlnseFx4KHbABDtA5foGOMgR5Agk0wTcjGgokxU8nVPQsJGvi53ZZBxyTDnGHNxasnZi3Wxt+cFE2tgSLL/A0Yhg0peLOx0kXtF9/4MWx/su1d5cGOhFWzMerdWzqrW+14/ma2QnZoevEK4GdFrHG63WhOIYXDh2bjnSjYzfW3tYUIK7eDoceOHKuk+Hd3fcKbVA+O/arVz43Kr5aaXra+2wOa6rJCS+tDIsd5cI5lQ3/hXFZUtxiWEsdHJG/nszMkyhGjTUfMhEdVNT4ar84xbZOUUzFic5m1hwajcpHB2qoDasMqlilSvFicW3MYXlPfYUsqhMLaKXkJha4Q3zZCwpzjPEYDnK9eZNuLNXVVDhPJk9zIm3lgZOZL9zAmRxYQ5UcwQ/bEwrag5n2BVsLjp3VRGbF4XyfliHVFbHpj6kzWQb590QbmbNSe67Ra18d9citmERtD//i2DWqafcWZLl5Lw1IRZbMdHZtsGKXmHqrBeFy6/QTqRnvkDXcGmLTfMTi3sk2Ct7+4qf1UXDwqyUbwA6HWAXCWNC3l5rQ2eqo6eVIWjmujl3f+2i2z09SbCbFVYfWjl7/u9h9RYPnbvJI6uATWnnDTNMYUh9qxS0EOopjeOgY/Ghuf84vd6XzXe04jTK+iGj2namdLqRDeGytkmsbAiGXQS92F9Q5vqJWFksMlWk/r2wc3HDJwbVs6Z+95fJD6+CuRzdJpfkX9h9KikV0Eqe+y/lk6BKQYfzOYWdimClIVWEtbTtSS+s42Cll6tMr0nQMSaDtBOc8QLIbUdnY5WdbM3CkVJtDn1FpsEwKIjmRE/bYWQf93QbrvAuvhIsrRwnstUa8DtR3hhSivIznzVmUYoJVcTMO7LoQpELKonUpCaggigENVGoY3PfSUhv83Bu2YQxxBSXPEyVsjw6GDY3ckS/v4IcrVxwZ3kiEfLbQVs9IWghV+qY/85Q/+UVeWUqeVJlktzJ6ZzEVM4B

I’m posting from mobile, so I can’t comment on the build itself yet. However, modern dark really doesn’t starve for end anymore. Just slot a theft of essence proc in dark regen and make sure to use it in a big crowd, and you might end up with even more blue than you started with. 

I don’t use it on my own darks because I optimize for sustain vs 1 foe much more than most people. But this isn’t about my personal preferences; I’m legally obligated to inform you what is effective whether or not I personally like it. Enjoy - before it gets fixed!

• Death Shroud isn't a great place for Superior Avalanche, since it doesn't benefit from the recharge. You could easily drop this to 3 slots and move the set elsewhere.
  • Assuming you intend to run Cloak of Darkness (Kismet +acc needs to be in an active power), would recommend adding end red.
  • Touch of Fear requires more accuracy. Would recommend adding slots for damage procs, however, the Cloud Senses proc isn't optimal. Ranged AoE and Threat procs will hit all targets in the AoE but Fear and -ToHit procs will only hit the primary target. 
  • Soul Drain is severely under-slotted. At a minimum it requires accuracy, but recharge and damage are beneficial. I would consider moving Superior Avalanche here.
  • You seem to be chasing a lot of defense bonuses in a somewhat uncoordinated mix of positional and typed. Superior Avalanche gives you melee and fire/cold, Superior Blistering Cold gives you S/L and fire/cold, Kinetic Combat gives you S/L, Unbreakable Guard gives you melee. Frankly, chasing defense on Dark Armor isn't worthwhile. It has no DDR and your defense will be stripped away in a flash. 

I'm attaching my build. Note this was done before they changed the levels powers become available.

Uundead - Tanker (Dark Armor).mbd

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 4/8/2024 at 11:06 PM, Zect said:

I’m posting from mobile, so I can’t comment on the build itself yet. However, modern dark really doesn’t starve for end anymore. Just slot a theft of essence proc in dark regen and make sure to use it in a big crowd, and you might end up with even more blue than you started with. 

I don’t use it on my own darks because I optimize for sustain vs 1 foe much more than most people. But this isn’t about my personal preferences; I’m legally obligated to inform you what is effective whether or not I personally like it. Enjoy - before it gets fixed!

i thought this was changed so it could only proc once per skill use and not once per target.

On 4/10/2024 at 11:07 PM, schrodingercat said:

i thought this was changed so it could only proc once per skill use and not once per target.

1) I can't find this change in the patch notes. From what I've seen, HC does not do stealth fixes (they may not always explain their reasoning for a change, but they always report it).

2) If it was fixed, people would be whining about it. Very loudly.

3) It is explicitly flagged to stack in the game engine. (Pshifter +end proc does not stack. Panacea does stack, but only works if the target is friendly, which is not the case for powers like rad therapy and dark regen which target enemies - it won't fire even once.)

You might be misremembering the change, long ago, to power transfer +HP, which IIRC was in the opposite direction - they made it so that multiple power transfers in different autopowers could proc independently.

Regardless, feel free to correct me if you test it and discover otherwise - I'd be very interested in knowing if the proc's behavior has changed.

Edited by Zect