Tanker Epic Pools

Sura

What Epic Pools are people using?  I've been doing Mu Mastery, and I really like Electric Fences, but EF takes away knockdown, which kind of sucks.  Mu fits more with my concept, but in looking in the planner I'm wondering if maybe I should think about going for Darkest Night in Soul Mastery.  Would Darkest Night be a good addition?  Anyone with thoughts or recommendations for Epic Pools?  Mine is an Ice/Elec Tanker.

Thanks!

Pyre mastery is decent with Melt Armor being a fine debuff and Fireball being the better of the epic AoE's, Char isn't useless either as you can set mule in a four piece 7.5% recharge and it is usable in hami-type encounters like LGTF.

Soul is great too, Gloom is a good attack (even if you just have one slot, stick an Acc/Dam hami in there or something and it works fine), Dark Oblit is a solid AoE tohit debuff, and darkest night is a good toggle for longer fights.

Earth and Arctic I have a hard time justifying. Earth is... okay if you're stone melee or something that can stack disorient I guess.

Energy is fine if you have endurance issues but you simply shouldn't have endurance issues with IO's and incarnates, making it far less useful for anyone but the most endurance hungry builds.

Mace feels very weak, unless you need web envelope for pvp, and then it's a fine set because it also has focused acc.

Can't really speak to leviathan because I've never used it on Tankers.

Arctic may have its problems - the ST blast feels kind of weak, and I'm unsure if even Controllers and Dominators bother with Shiver. But calling down shards of ice to shred one's foes, as a Tanker, has a certain visceral charm. Especially if you pair it with some form of knockdown. ^_^

- Loranna