Is there anything that increases the radius of buffs?

On 4/11/2024 at 12:42 AM, Snarky said:

See my AR Blaster and Dark Corruptor builds where I hit some serious +numbers that change the way you run the things.  But the builds are very aggressive and if you rely on capped defenses you are going to be in for a rude awakening.  These are hit and run builds.  

Back on Live, I had an AR/EM Blaster that exploited Boost Range for that. I determined experimentally that she could hit Boost Range, Build Up, then fire off Full Auto and Flamethrower to pretty reliably take out a same-level spawn of Nemesis grunts, while losing about half her HP to return fire, then Rest to recover her HP, and by the time she'd found another suitable spawn, FA would have recharged. Dancing with the RNG, because too many lieutenants could frag her survivability, but it was a steady stream of XP.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 5:39 AM, Scarlet Shocker said:

And all this time I'd been thinking Radii were the offspring of Radio and would inherit his hatred of Television

And of course neither of them dare say a word about old grandpa Newspaper, the one who points people towards them.

They know what side their bread is buttered on, after all.

• Moose 1

On 4/12/2024 at 6:55 AM, srmalloy said:

Back on Live, I had an AR/EM Blaster that exploited Boost Range for that. I determined experimentally that she could hit Boost Range, Build Up, then fire off Full Auto and Flamethrower to pretty reliably take out a same-level spawn of Nemesis grunts, while losing about half her HP to return fire, then Rest to recover her HP, and by the time she'd found another suitable spawn, FA would have recharged. Dancing with the RNG, because too many lieutenants could frag her survivability, but it was a steady stream of XP.

I was fiddling around with a "max sniper range" build the other day. On a psi/nrg blaster I could get a psionic snipe to reach out to around 400+ feet away. Further than max render distance.

Though I'd often lose targeting beyond around 360ft or so. And stuff would still aggro me even from that range. 

10 hours ago, WumpusRat said:

Though I'd often lose targeting beyond around 360ft or so. And stuff would still aggro me even from that range. 

I've found that when I'm sniping from ranges that require Boost Range to bring them within the power range, often the first snipe will just leave the rest of the spawn standing around (perhaps thinking "Frank fell down. What happened?"); it generally isn't until the second snipe that the spawn panics, and may or may not aggro on me, depending on the mob type.

However, I have noted that, out past about 200 feet, defeating a mob won't increment the defeat count for that mob for badges. It seems to be a defect in the game -- you see the "You have defeated X" message when they go down, but the badge counter doesn't move. I noticed this while whacking War Walkers for the badge, hitting them from >240 feet, but after a full round of the Council base the badge count for the 'War Torn' badge hadn't changed.