cannot install launcher

Hoping someone can help me figure out why I can't install the launcher. I click on the link to download the launcher, which appears properly in my downloads folder. I click there to open the installer, it asks me which folder to install in to, I tell it, and then... nothing. The launcher never downloads and nothing happens. I've tried installing it into a different folder, still nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for any help you're able to give!

99% of the time it's an overeager AV. Try whitelisting the file before you do the installation as the second it wants to go online (to get the files), then many of these AVs will want to protect by blocking the event. You could even try moving it to the destination folder first (since That folder is definitely going to be something to whitelist) and see if it cooperates better. As always, see if my links help.

• Banjo 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 5 months later

I've done everything to fix the eager puppy AV. I even turned it off. I cannot get any interaction with the program to show me the EULA or any of the other things I'm told I should see. If I retry, It makes a new folder with a data structure under it, but still nothing I can click to start and actually install anything.  I'm using MacAfee.