Villain VEAT - Mu

I got nothing to say beyond: Please give us Mu as a VEAT...they're one of the most interesting groups in Arachnos and would be cool to play one. I know it'd cross over into "Electrical" a lot....but so what? Make it unique, make it interesting!

• Like 1

I think it'd check out given Mu Mystics are the only type of human Arachnos soldier not to be playable. Cool as it sounds, though, I doubt it'd be nearly as easy to implement as Spiders and Widows due to being stuck hovering in one fully bandaged pose all the time.

Also, that'd call for a third HEAT to even things out.

Bah...just give them "Hover" as a 1st level Power. No need to have the PCs be bound the way the NPCs are, after all, they're special "Destined Ones". Don't really care about the HEATs. 😛 They can just suffer with 1 less. Either that, or they can make the obvious one that I STILL wonder why they haven't done and make a Longbow HEAT.

5 hours ago, Lyone_Manes said:

Bah...just give them "Hover" as a 1st level Power. No need to have the PCs be bound the way the NPCs are, after all, they're special "Destined Ones". Don't really care about the HEATs. 😛 They can just suffer with 1 less. Either that, or they can make the obvious one that I STILL wonder why they haven't done and make a Longbow HEAT.

Doesn't really work with the VEATs. If you choose Soldier of Arachnos, your 1st costume is a Wolf Spider, Bane Spider, or Crab Spider. If you choose Widow of Arachnos, your 1st costume slot is a Blood Widow, Fortunata, or Night Widow. So if you were to choose Mu Mystic, you would be a bound, hovering, faceless Mu. Honestly, since there are Mu scattered throughout the game, it would be simpler in my opinion to just make some sort of electrical character as a player and call yourself a Mu rather than have such a limited VEAT added. (According to the game, approximately 80% of the people in the world are Mu.)

• Thumbs Up 2

What Rudra said - seems too limited (or, conversely, too hand-wavey with how Arachnos Mu are if not limited) and you can already make an elec/elec and call it a Mu.

It would be cool to get always-hovering as a stance option in power customization so you could make convincing Mu and Seer characters. As far as I can tell, that's how they're coded - to have it as a stance so they look like Hover is on even if you've applied -Fly to them.

Edited by megaericzero
clearer wording
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, megaericzero said:

As far as I can tell, that's how they're coded - to have it as a stance so they look like Hover is on even if you've applied -Fly to them.

Yes. There are some mobs that "cheat" that way - you won't ever -fly a Rikti Drone to the ground, for instance. I *want* to say *some* of the Longbow Eagles are like that, too, but they seem somewhat mixed.

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.