Plant Control Build

Neokenshin

So coming back since Live, I've started to really enjoy the Controller class. Right now I have a Gravity/Storm controller I'm enjoying but I've heard a lot of good about Plant Controllers.

So far I've heard Plant/Poison, Plant/Storm, and Plant/Dark are really good. Plus I heard Plant is good because you can apparently synergize it with Stealth/infiltration and be able to attack and stay invisible. So if anyone has any builds like that, I'm more than willing to try.

Also, I suck at macros for trollers so if anyone has any good ones i can use for my skills please post em so I can learn em!

Here is my plant/poison. This is one of my favorite characters.

- stealth is provided by the Celerity IO in Super Speed.

- mezz protection is provided by cycling Melee Core Embodiment and Indomitable Will. This leaves intervals of 30 seconds without protection.

- I think World of Confusion is a poor power in general. But it works very well with this build: World of Confusion + Seeds + Cognitive Interface stack to confuse even bosses for short  periods.

This character does well in teams, in particular due to tons of resist debuffs.  It is also great solo, but one specific group can be difficult. It is the new page 7 Arachnos. Fortunata Mistresses provide confuse protection to the whole group. Spawns with two of them can be problematic. I found the solution was to lead with Vines and hope I can take out the Mistresses quickly.

But this is kind of risky.

Some particular binds

I place this in tray 6, slot 4:

/macro_image "PlantControl_CarrionCreeper" "Carrion Creepers" "powexec_location target carrion creepers"

I put Carrion Creepers in tray 1, slot 4.

Then I bind:

/bind 4 "powexec_tray 4 6"

This enables me to execute the location target macro by pressing key 4, while still being able to see the cooldown on Carrion Creepers.

I also use:

/bind G powexec_location 10:10 Spirit Tree

/bind T "powexectoggleon super speed$$powexectoggleoff super speed"
/bind Y "+down$$powexec_location 10:10 Spirit Tree$$powexectoggleoff super speed"   (to save endurance)

Strychnine - Plant Poison Controller.mbd

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Neokenshin said:

Plus I heard Plant is good because you can apparently synergize it with Stealth/infiltration and be able to attack and stay invisible

Not true. Unlike other confuse powers, Seeds of Confusion draws aggro and will drop your invisibility.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I thoroughly enjoy both my Plant/Trick Arrow and Plant/Storm Controllers. Both pairings allow for quite a bit of damage coming from a controller.

A couple weeks ago, someone was having difficulty soloing a mission they had set for 4x8, and sought out help from ppl via LFG. Myself (plant/storm) and someone on a tank showed up to help. The OP was playing a scrapper. The OP and Tank both were dead on the ground as I zoned in. The OP mentioned to me to wait so they could get some more damage to help clear them. I casually quipped, "I am the damage", and to their astonishment proceeded to absolutely destroy the mission to the point both were asking me advice on how to build a plant/storm controller. They eventually used an awaken and "helped" out.

I answered their questions about plant/storm and then went on my merry way. In my experience plant/storm and plant TA both can be built to be amazing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So this is my attempted Plant/Poison/Earth build. I don't have Incarnate stuff because I don't know how that works, nor do I know about modifying enhancements. I will take ANY help/Assistance in tuning this build....and figuring out where the hell to get the money for all of these enhancements as well!!!

Bloom Doom Girl - Hero Controller
Build plan made with Mids' Reborn v3.6.6 rev. 3
──────────────────────────────

• Primary powerset: Plant Control
  • Secondary powerset: Poison
  • Pool powerset (#1): Flight
  • Pool powerset (#2): Speed
  • Pool powerset (#3): Fighting
  • Pool powerset (#4): Leadership
  • Epic powerset: Earth Mastery

Powers taken:

Level 1: Strangler

• A: Apocalypse: Damage
  • 3: Apocalypse: Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • 3: Gladiator's Javelin: Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • 5: Ghost Widow's Embrace: Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • 5: Gladiator's Net: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • 7: Neuronic Shutdown: Chance of Damage(Psionic)

Level 1: Alkaloid

• A: Numina's Convalesence: Heal/Endurance
  • 7: Doctored Wounds: Heal/Endurance
  • 9: Panacea: Heal/Endurance

Level 2: Envenom

• A: Achilles' Heel: Chance for Res Debuff

Level 4: Hover

• A: Blessing of the Zephyr: Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range
  • 36: Blessing of the Zephyr: Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance
  • 36: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • 37: Freebird: +Stealth

Level 6: Roots

• A: Superior Overpowering Presence: Accuracy/Control Duration
  • 9: Superior Overpowering Presence: Control Duration/RechargeTime
  • 11: Superior Overpowering Presence: Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 11: Superior Overpowering Presence: Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance
  • 13: Superior Overpowering Presence: Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 39: Superior Overpowering Presence: RechargeTime/Energy Font

Level 8: Fly

• A: Invention: Flight Speed

Level 10: Seeds of Confusion

• A: Coercive Persuasion : Contagious Confusion
  • 19: Coercive Persuasion : Confused/Endurance
  • 21: Coercive Persuasion : Recharge/Accuracy
  • 21: Coercive Persuasion : Confused/Recharge/Accuracy
  • 40: Coercive Persuasion : Confused/Recharge
  • 40: Coercive Persuasion : Confused

Level 12: Hasten

• A: Invention: Recharge Reduction
  • 13: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 14: Spirit Tree

• A: Preventive Medicine: Heal
  • 15: Preventive Medicine: Heal/Endurance
  • 15: Preventive Medicine: Endurance/RechargeTime
  • 17: Preventive Medicine: Heal/RechargeTime
  • 17: Preventive Medicine: Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
  • 19: Preventive Medicine: Chance for +Absorb

Level 16: Kick

• (Empty)

Level 18: Vines

• A: Superior Will of the Controller: Accuracy/Control Duration
  • 33: Superior Will of the Controller: Control Duration/Recharge
  • 33: Superior Will of the Controller: Endurance/Recharge
  • 34: Superior Will of the Controller: Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance
  • 34: Superior Will of the Controller: Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance/Recharge
  • 34: Lockdown: Chance for +2 Mag Hold

Level 20: Tough

• (Empty)

Level 22: Carrion Creepers

• A: Annihilation: Chance for Res Debuff
  • 23: Javelin Volley: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • 23: Positron's Blast: Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • 25: Explosive Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage
  • 25: Impeded Swiftness: Chance of Damage(Smashing)
  • 27: Ragnarok: Damage/Recharge

Level 24: Paralytic Poison

• A: Gladiator's Net: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • 27: Lockdown: Chance for +2 Mag Hold
  • 31: Ghost Widow's Embrace: Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • 33: Neuronic Shutdown: Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • 46: Lockdown: Accuracy/Hold

Level 26: Fly Trap

Level 28: Poison Trap

• A: Superior Will of the Controller: Recharge/Chance for Psionic Damage
  • 29: Gladiator's Net: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • 29: Gladiator's Net: Accuracy/Hold
  • 31: Eradication: Chance for Energy Damage
  • 31: Armageddon: Chance for Fire Damage
  • 39: Fury of the Gladiator: Chance for Res Debuff

Level 30: Venomous Gas

Level 32: Maneuvers

• A: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • 36: Red Fortune: Defense/Endurance
  • 37: Red Fortune: Endurance/Recharge
  • 37: Red Fortune: Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • 39: Red Fortune: Defense
  • 50: Red Fortune: Endurance

Level 35: Tactics

• A: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Chance for Build Up

Level 38: Vengeance

Level 41: Fissure

• A: Javelin Volley: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • 42: Positron's Blast: Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • 42: Ragnarok: Damage/Endurance
  • 42: Annihilation: Chance for Res Debuff
  • 43: Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge
  • 43: Explosive Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 44: Rock Armor

• 45: Red Fortune: Defense/Endurance
  • 45: Red Fortune: Endurance/Recharge
  • 45: Red Fortune: Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • 46: Red Fortune: Defense
  • 46: Red Fortune: Endurance

Level 47: Seismic Smash

• A: Hecatomb: Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • 48: Mako's Bite: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • 48: Touch of Death: Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • 48: Hecatomb: Damage
  • 50: Hecatomb: Damage/Recharge
  • 50: Ghost Widow's Embrace: Chance of Damage(Psionic)

Level 49: Earth's Embrace

• A: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Inherents:

Level 1: Containment

Level 1: Brawl

• (Empty)

Level 1: Sprint

• (Empty)

Level 2: Rest

• (Empty)

Level 1: Swift

• (Empty)

Level 1: Hurdle

• (Empty)

Level 1: Health

• A: Panacea: +Hit Points/Endurance
  • 43: Miracle: +Recovery

Level 1: Stamina

• A: Performance Shifter: EndMod
  • 40: Performance Shifter: Chance for +End

Level 8: Afterburner

Bloom Doom Girl - Controller (Plant Control - Poison).mbd

Edited by Neokenshin
  • Like 1

Hello,

You will have a huge endurance problem and will need the Ageless Destiny incarnate to be operational.

Powers I would not take;

- Alkaloid: you did not choose the other ally-helping powers. This does not seem to be your focus. This power will also be useless solo. 

- Hover and fly: plant/poison does best in melee because of Venomous Gas. Yours even more since you took the Earth mastery pool.

Power I would take:  weaken.

One can do without weaken but it is a great debuff. Some people even consider it the best power in the set.

I find it particularly useful solo, to debuff ranged attackers who straggled away from the main pack and my PBAoE range. 

Given you power choices, I would read the thread below and try the Frosticus build. It is close  to what you are trying to achieve.

Poison is most effective when played in melee range. Its signature power is a PBAOE debuff toggle with a 15 ft radius. If you're not comfortable with that, you should consider another secondary.

• You're relying on %dmg procs in Strangler, Carrion Creepers, Paralytic Poison, Poison Trap, Fissure and Seismic Smash. All of these require accuracy to hit, but you've slotted none or very little in those powers. You do have Tactics, but you've only slotted it with the Gaussian's %bu proc. (You have the proc toggled on in Mid's, so it's greatly inflating your accuracy numbers. You also have Vengeance toggled on which is doing the same.) Tactics requires end reduction if you intend to run it and should also be slotted for +tohit if you're relying on it for procs to hit.
  • Alkaloid is skippable.
  • Envenom requires accuracy or an Accurate Defense Debuff set.
  • Weaken is absolutely unskippable. Slot with an Accurate ToHit Debuff set.
  • You have no knockback protection. Slot a Blessing of the Zephyr -kb in Hover or Fly.
  • Spirit Tree is skippable.
  • Tough is unslotted and you didn't take Weave, making Kick and Tough completely pointless. At the very least you could use Tough to mule the Steadfast Protection and Gladiator's Armor +def uniques (both of which you skipped), but I recommend adding Weave for additional defense. 
  • Fly Trap needs 4-6 slots (typically Expedient Reinforcement) or should be dropped. 
  • Venomous Gas requires end reduction and should also be slotted for -tohit, either 3-4x Dark Watcher's Despair or 2x Enzymes.
  • 5 pieces of Red Fortune each in Maneuvers and Rock Armor for two 5% recharge bonuses isn't worth the slots (which you need elsewhere). 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I'm starting to wonder if I tried jumping in way too deep. There is definitely a lot more to try and understand with making builds. I may hold off on this one until I can get a more deeper understanding of the enhancements, skill synergies, procs, IOs, and whatnot.

6 hours ago, Neokenshin said:

I haven't really thought that it was more close range/melee. I thought it was more of a hang back build. Should I scrap it for a different secondary?

The pairing is fine as-is.

Plant doesn't inherently need to be in melee range to play well so you don't need to live in melee.

However, consider two powers from your Epic Pool pick, Fissure and Seismic Smash, require you to play in melee range as does Poison Trap. The max range of Fissure is outside the range of the Venomous Gas 15' Radius so you'll have to get a little closer to get the benefit of VG when using Fissure.

I have 4 or so max level poisons and 4 or so max lvl plants. I haven't combined the two but I can see how they'd be a great pairing.

The only powers you need with poison are: Envenom, Weaken, Venomous Gas. Poison Trap can be useful if proc'd. Alkaloid might have a niche use in topping off Fly Trap, but this is diminished because of Spirit Tree.

You want to build towards being in melee. Also Spirit Tree can't be cast while flying.

On the Plant Side you need: Strangler, Roots, Seeds, Creepers, and arguably Fly Trap. Spore Burst is useful for an opening to safely get in before using seeds and envenom/weaken.

Vines is a trap.... Taking vines actually lowers your overall DPS, because it prevents confused mobs from fighting each other. I don't recommend taking it.

For that reason I'd avoid earth mastery too and go with Leviathan Mastery. You can root mobs in place and use Water Spout to do a ton of damage, you get hibernate to restore your HP/end, and you get a resistance armor.

Build wise, you'll want to get melee up, so you might need to take cross punch to slot superior avalanche, and unbreakable 4 PC sets in tough/shark skin.

Since you're in melee and Venomous Gas is really important I'd recommend taking Clarion Radial, and Melee Core for your destiny/hybrid. Clarion radial also has a power boost to help your debuff values of envenom/weaken/venomous gas.

Poison is very slot friendly where you can use 2 Lysos for Envenom/Weaken and then 2 Enzymes for Venomous Gas. You can add an Achilles is you want as well.

I don't know what kind of experience you might have with poison, but you want to rotate the target of envenom/weaken as there's a huge main target debuff and a splash aoe and the main target debuff and splash aoes stack with each other. Once you get this down with the level of debuffs going on not much will be able to kill you.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

28 minutes ago, Neokenshin said:

I'm starting to wonder if I tried jumping in way too deep. There is definitely a lot more to try and understand with making builds. I may hold off on this one until I can get a more deeper understanding of the enhancements, skill synergies, procs, IOs, and whatnot.

Play to the strong suits of the combo and bolster up to patch weaknesses where you can.

Poison has some great PROC opportunities, strong debuffs and additional controls with lots of skippable powers.  Overall, Poison tends to have high end utilization since its powers have a high uptime and are spamable so end is something you'll have to manage.

Plant is a bit of a two trick pony and mostly about the high uptime on SoC and aiming for perma Carrion Creepers w/Roots. Plant has poor ST and when mobs are immune to Confuse you'll want a fallback ability if you don't lean into your debuffs more.

If you aren't familiar with the powers within the two sets I recommend playing through to 50 first before committing to a build. At minimum wait until the 30s when you have access to all the powers of both sets and had some time to feel them out for utility suited to your playstyle. You may find powers others skip are ones you like and vice versa where you skip powers others find mandatory. Even if you are familiar with each set individually you may find some synergies you prefer to emphasize and play to in combination.

Just a word of caution If you copy another build or use another build to inform your build keep in mind not all builders are mindful of playing lower level content. You'll often see builds that play well only at 50(+2) and play like crap at lower levels since they suffer from poor endurance management or have poor lower level power selection.

So I was looking over at what I really wanted out of my Plant Controller build and this is what I came up with.

1) Flight Centric. I've just always enjoyed Hover/Fly in combat and it just feels so fluid to me. If I can even add some kind of Stealth Proc that would be wonderful

2) Perma Hasten-I know I need 2 recharges for it

3) Solid Crowd Control. I played Gravity a bit and it was ok, but I like the amount of control that Plant does

4) Mid Range control. Melee/Melee Range never felt right, which is probably why I only made 2 Blasters back on Live before it went.

I'm probably going to hold off on Poison Secondary/Earth Tertiary for now. I've seen thread posts saying that Storm and Dark are both overpowered with Plant and I think I'm gonna try to research those to fit my wants for Plant. But if anyone has any good ideas, tips, or knowledge that I can apply for a build like that, Please share!!! Anything is worth it!! 

1 hour ago, Neokenshin said:

So I was looking over at what I really wanted out of my Plant Controller build and this is what I came up with.

1) Flight Centric. I've just always enjoyed Hover/Fly in combat and it just feels so fluid to me. If I can even add some kind of Stealth Proc that would be wonderful

3) Solid Crowd Control. I played Gravity a bit and it was ok, but I like the amount of control that Plant does

4) Mid Range control. Melee/Melee Range never felt right, which is probably why I only made 2 Blasters back on Live before it went.

I'm probably going to hold off on Poison Secondary/Earth Tertiary for now. I've seen thread posts saying that Storm and Dark are both overpowered with Plant and I think I'm gonna try to research those to fit my wants for Plant. But if anyone has any good ideas, tips, or knowledge that I can apply for a build like that, Please share!!! Anything is worth it!! 

Plant/Storm(I went with /Ice) sounds more like your ticket. It doesn't require PROCs to get going for damage though you'll want to build for recovery early as possible by using PROCs/Uniques in Health and Stamina. The only time you are in melee range is if you choose to use Hurricane to round mobs up.

19 hours ago, Uun said:

Fly Trap needs 4-6 slots (typically Expedient Reinforcement) or should be dropped. 

It has 4 attacks, 3 of which can proc Achille Heel. It works well with only 1 slot and the Achille proc.

You can test on the dummy. The -res proc is almost always on. The -def from the pet attacks is always on.

This makes it a cute little fire-and-forget 1-slotted debuffer.

3 hours ago, FlammeFatale said:

It has 4 attacks, 3 of which can proc Achille Heel. It works well with only 1 slot and the Achille proc.

You can test on the dummy. The -res proc is almost always on. The -def from the pet attacks is always on.

This makes it a cute little fire-and-forget 1-slotted debuffer.

I'm not saying not to slot the AH proc, but the attacks have to hit for the proc to fire. Your base chance to hit against +3s is 48% (39% against +4s) and accuracy is required. Fully slotted Tactics isn't enough. A 1-slotted Fly Trap is just a waste of a power pick.

This is not my experience. My Fly Trap hits a lot:

+45% accuracy inherited from Nerve Core Paragon.

+12% to-hit from Tactics.

Mobs have -13.33% defense from Venomous Gas and -30% defense from Envenom.

Total after Purple patch: -27.7% defense

Fly trap has 3 fast recycling attacks (3s, 4s, 12s) each with -20% defense. They stack for a total of -40% to 60% defense (-25% to 38% after purple patch).

Plant/Poison has tons of -def! And let's not forget mobs too suffer from cascading defense debuffs. 🙂

14 hours ago, Neokenshin said:

One of the plant controllers I play is plant storm, and yes it can work find while flying. As I said before you'll have to kiss the ground or shut fly off to use spirit tree, but otherwise no issues flying.

I second @Death2Tyrants in that you'll need to build for end recovery. Plants/storm is really end hungry and you'll want to take the miracle, Numina, panacea, and performance shifter procs. As storm really benefits from high levels of recharge, I strongly recommend ageless on a plant/storm as it helps your recovery but also is a DPS increase helping you get out multiple lightning storms and tornadoes.

Mine uses leviathan as I also have waterspout, and hibernate. It's a fun pairing hands down, and you can see my first post in this thread for a fun story about how it plays.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

One of the plant controllers I play is plant storm, and yes it can work find while flying. As I said before you'll have to kiss the ground or shut fly off to use spirit tree, but otherwise no issues flying.

I second @Death2Tyrants in that you'll need to build for end recovery. Plants/storm is really end hungry and you'll want to take the miracle, Numina, panacea, and performance shifter procs. As storm really benefits from high levels of recharge, I strongly recommend aegis on a plant/storm as it helps your recovery but also is a DPS increase helping you get out multiple lightning storms and tornadoes.

Mine uses leviathan as I also have waterspout, and hibernate. It's a fun pairing hands down, and you can see my first post in this thread for a fun story about how it plays.

Would you mind sharing your build for Plant/Storm?

12 minutes ago, Neokenshin said:

Would you mind sharing your build for Plant/Storm?

I don't actually have a build for it. More often than not I make my own builds in my head. That said if you wanna make an attempt at a build for it, I'm totally willing to give you feedback on it to help you hone it in.

So here's a pre-emptive skill build at least. The build would be Plant/Storm/Leviathan

Hero Controller

• Secondary powerset: Storm Summoning
  • Pool powerset (#3): Concealment
  • Epic powerset: Leviathan Mastery

Powers taken:

• (Empty)

Level 1: Gale

• (Empty)

Level 2: Roots

• (Empty)

Level 4: Snow Storm

• (Empty)

Level 6: Hover

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

Level 12: Steamy Mist

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

Level 16: Freezing Rain

• (Empty)

Level 18: Hasten

• (Empty)

Level 20: Stealth

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

Level 24: Evasive Maneuvers

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

Level 28: Tornado

• (Empty)

Level 30: Lightning Storm

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

Level 41: Water Spout

• (Empty)

Level 44: Hibernate

• (Empty)

Level 47: Summon Coralax

• (Empty)

Level 49: O2 Boost

• (Empty)

Inherents:

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

. Plants/storm is really end hungry and you'll want to take the miracle, Numina, panacea, and performance shifter procs. As storm really benefits from high levels of recharge, I strongly recommend aegis on a plant/storm as it helps your recovery but also is a DPS increase helping you get out multiple lightning storms and tornadoes.

Now what skill would I set these enhancements in? Stamina? And what is Aegis? (I am seriously still learning all this stuff)

3 hours ago, FlammeFatale said:

+45% accuracy inherited from Nerve Core Paragon.

My point exactly. Nerve Core Alpha is the same as slotting an acc IO in every power. You wouldn't get the same experience if you weren't running Nerve.

49 minutes ago, Neokenshin said:

So here's a pre-emptive skill build at least. The build would be Plant/Storm/Leviathan

Hero Controller

• Pool powerset (#3): Concealment

Powers taken:

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

Level 12: Steamy Mist

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

Level 18: Hasten

• (Empty)

Level 20: Stealth

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

Level 24: Evasive Maneuvers

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

Level 28: Tornado

• (Empty)

Level 30: Lightning Storm

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

Level 41: Water Spout

• (Empty)

Level 44: Hibernate

• (Empty)

Level 47: Summon Coralax

• (Empty)

Level 49: O2 Boost

• (Empty)

Inherents:

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

• (Empty)

Now what skill would I set these enhancements in? Stamina? And what is Aegis? (I am seriously still learning all this stuff)

The healing procs go in health and the endurance proc goes in stamina. I'd have to test it's effectiveness if slotted in lightning storm as I personally haven't tried that but if it works it could be useful.

When I said Aegis I meant Ageless as in the destiny incarnate option. I must of been distracted as someone messaged me asking about good IOs for fire farming, which Aegis has a ton of fire defense in its bonuses.

22 minutes ago, Neokenshin said:

Now what skill would I set these enhancements in? Stamina?

In my case I used the two +Recovery Uniques in Health + the Chance for +END in Stamina. Get all +total END Accolades Uniques since EPS is based on total END pool.

One END REDUX in Roots will go a long way since it has a high uptime and high END cost.

You can look at other ways your build is bleeding out END by opening up Window>Power Graphs. Set the first drop-down to Powers Taken with End/Sec or look at Toggles/All Clicks.  This helps get a sense of overall potential expenditure.

End/Sec is based on power uptime so if you spam powers as they are available this view will help give you a good sense of what that costs you. O2 is another prime example of power with a very high Endurance expense. Work from the highest down to the lowest until you can hit an equilibrium point based on your rotation and net EPS. Minimize toggles you are running as much as possible.

I normally aim for a net 2EPS on most builds but for Plant/Storm you'll want higher. If you intend to spam ST abilities continuously I would look at getting as close to 3 EPS or higher if possible.

You can also leverage a global End Redux buff as another approach. I don't like depending on Incarnate/Alpha or Conserve Power to solve the problem which is why I focus on boosting EPS via +Recovery and +END side.

So here's my build in progress. Right now all skills after lvl 40 are just fillers as are most slots, except for my healing/regen/travel. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Tempest Blossom - Hero Controller

• Pool powerset (#3): Leadership
  • Pool powerset (#4): Fighting

Powers taken:

• (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)

• A: Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)

• (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)

• (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)

• A: Freebird: +Stealth
  • 7: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • 7: Blessing of the Zephyr: Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range
  • 9: Blessing of the Zephyr: Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance

Level 8: Seeds of Confusion

• (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)

Level 10: Steamy Mist

• 11: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Endurance
  • (Empty)

Level 12: Fly

• A: Winter's Gift: Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range
  • 13: Winter's Gift: Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance
  • 13: Winter's Gift: Slow Resistance (20%)

Level 14: Hasten

• (Empty)

• (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)
  • (Empty)

Level 18: Maneuvers

Level 20: Tactics