Kung-fu Fighting For Justice - Shield/MA or Fire/MA

WhiskeyDingo

Hey all,

I've been looking at dipping my toes into Tankerdom after a bit of a hiatus.  I was looking at Martial Arts because you have Dragon Tail as a really nice Force Feedback proc mule for oodles of potential extra recharge.  What I'm having trouble deciding is what to pair it with.  I've narrowed the choices down to Shield or Fire Aura largely due to the extra AoEs both sets get.

Does anyone have any experience with either pairing?  What are the priority attacks to take in MA, what are skippable?  It used to be you didn't take EC but I see that also gives a dam buff now so I'm not so sure.

Thanks for any input!

2 hours ago, WhiskeyDingo said:

Does anyone have any experience with either pairing?  What are the priority attacks to take in MA, what are skippable?  It used to be you didn't take EC but I see that also gives a dam buff now so I'm not so sure.

You could say that 😄 

Most of your questions, and others, can probably be found in my signature. The build you want is the Turtle.

6 hours ago, Sovera said:

You could say that 😄 

Most of your questions, and others, can probably be found in my signature. The build you want is the Turtle.

This is all really phenomenal stuff.  You also got my altitus tingling at the idea of Fire/Claws.  Do you have a preference between the two?

6 hours ago, WhiskeyDingo said:

This is all really phenomenal stuff.  You also got my altitus tingling at the idea of Fire/Claws.  Do you have a preference between the two?

Nowadays Fire Melee is just entrenched as #1, we can't beat two PbAoEs AND early AoE AND fast animations AND exotic damage. I just haven't updated that thread in a while.

But Claws and MA then I'd say MA. Dragon's Tail is amazing even if Spin does more damage and it is satisfying to build the Turtle and have each block slide in place.