Further reducing settings/ Improving Laptop Performance

Okay so Good news is that I am home from the hospital. Bad news is I can't sit in a computer chair and play Homecoming on my Desktop.

I have a laptop that runs the game to an extent.  I was able to run 3 Yin Taskforce Pugs today and did ok. 

I have a good internet connection of around 90 mbs download so missions load quick, And I have lowered settings and effects way down using the options tab. 

My question is is there a way to further lower settings using ini or slash commands.  Stuff like turning particles off, lowering draw distance, etc. 

Thanks!

• Like 2

Particles is the big one on my laptop. I'm fine in a group of eight, but it noticeably heats up in league events like BAF or MSR. The command you want is noparticles, but you don't want to leave it off permanently since things like SG base portals are particles and will disappear with particles off. I recommend macros to turn them on and off without typing.

/noparticles 1 

This turns off particles. 

/noparticles 0

This turns particles back on. That may feel a bit weird, but you're turning on and off the thing that stops particles from happening.

As macros, they would just be /macro NoP "noparticles 1"  That makes a button labeled NoP you can move to trays like any other power button. You'll need to make another macro to turn particles back on, but I'll leave that as an exercise for the student. Let me know if you're stuck and I'll give the answer to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Random Axis said:

Particles is the big one on my laptop. I'm fine in a group of eight, but it noticeably heats up in league events like BAF or MSR. The command you want is noparticles, but you don't want to leave it off permanently since things like SG base portals are particles and will disappear with particles off.

For this reason I think it would be groovy if HC could add something simple, like a circle on the ground? to where bas portals are. During the Mapserver event, this advice to use noparticles was all over in game chat. If you know where the base portal is supposed to be, you can find it and click to access by moving your cursor around the in right space till you see the blue hand. But not knowing exactly where it is (like in an unfamiliar zone that does have one) makes it necessary to turn particles back on like you said, for this one thing.

A disk or circle on the ground. That should be easy... maybe?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, momentarygrace said:

A disk or circle on the ground. That should be easy... maybe?

I can't help but think of all the hatches and doors leading down I've gone through in my years playing the game that would be perfectly good SG baes entrance points. The only wrinkle may be the one in they SG base. I don't know that could be reskinned as one of the things I mentioned. 

Still it's a good idea for the suggestions forum. You should post it there so it's not buried here.

• Like 1