A useful thread: list "background" NPC who are occasionally there

If I had three prizes to give to Cryptic, one would be for emotes (the choreography and expression of motions is perfect), one for most of the music and the third for the design of city areas. You can keep the Shadow Shards and Ouroboros. I am not impressed by a void with a big ball in the middle or any other cliched fantasy concepts. But the inner city in Paragon and the Rogue Isles is a masterwork. The placement of the buildings, levels, precipices, sudden surprises, shanty towns, garbage heaps, Freakshow towers, the Drenchin' Donut on a string, marinas, the tower of the Magisterium and the Paragon Dance Party... The prize would have to be shared with the people who arranged NPC across the game, from the groups of enemies to the "background" characters. And some of the latter only appear on occasion. You may never see them on a particular playthrough, if you run or float by. I don't know if they have schedules or pop up at random, but let's mention the ones we know about. There will be some news here for everyone. I'll start: on Mercy Island, in Darwin's Landing, a Lunatic occassionally appears on the clocktower, firing his rifle at the ground below.

Your turn!

This is across from the abandoned lab on Port Oakes.  I dunno what their schedule is, but they're not always out there.VT.thumb.jpg.cff25512df3747cc83e2e4f6a1628322.jpg

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Haha 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

They're generally always there but in Atlas Park there's a Hellion mugging a woman north of City Hall in the parking lot, but there's also a random NPC hero who is in hearing distance of the event talking to someone on his phone.  If you step in and beat the Hellion youself, the hero runs off claiming "this cape won't fly itself!"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

11 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

They're generally always there but in Atlas Park there's a Hellion mugging a woman north of City Hall in the parking lot, but there's also a random NPC hero who is in hearing distance of the event talking to someone on his phone.  If you step in and beat the Hellion youself, the hero runs off claiming "this cape won't fly itself!"

That's awesome! I went to look just now. "Super Unknown" literally like 5-10 feet away. 
This ties in loosely (sort of) with what Aaron Thierry was talking about when you meet up with him at the end of his arc - him trying to get heroes to stop being complacent, as if muggings were "beneath them". 

The muggings I've seen throughout Atlas and Steel. Idle heroes standing by, never seen that before. Likely would have never seen it if you hadn't pointed it out.