Ninjas - Oni's Rain of Fire

I know MM Ninja's were changed somewhat recently. I did not take part in open beta testing of that so not sure if this came up--

Can Oni's Rain of Fire be changed to persist after his target is 'arrested'? Currently Rain of Fire can last the full duration or... less than a second if I set all my minions on one target.

Just edit to add in-- I almost never see it last the full 15 seconds. It's almost always on the shorter end.

Edited by brass_eagle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lyone_Manes said:

Random sidenote: Give all Ninja Minions "Hide", even if it's an upgrade...they're friggin Ninjas. Ninjas hide.

That would be so welcome as an update to the set. I don't remember how many times I've asked for this.

2 minutes ago, Rudra said:

That would be so welcome as an update to the set. I don't remember how many times I've asked for this.

Merc Tier 2 Minions have Hide...that means Ninjas and Mercs can both hide equally well. That is ridiculous...Ninjas need a bump anyways, so the extra bump to damage wouldn't even be a bad thing. Just seems weird they HAVEN'T done it yet...such a simple and pretty obvious thing.

2 minutes ago, Lyone_Manes said:

Merc Tier 2 Minions have Hide...that means Ninjas and Mercs can both hide equally well. That is ridiculous...Ninjas need a bump anyways, so the extra bump to damage wouldn't even be a bad thing. Just seems weird they HAVEN'T done it yet...such a simple and pretty obvious thing.

Well, the Jounin do get Hide with the 1st upgrade power, but only the Jounin do. Though like you said, the Spec Ops from Mercenaries get Stealth with their 2nd upgrade.

• 4 months later

Necroing this because it is insanely bad, that your last upgrade ability gives your T3 pet a 25 end waste skill that does largely nothing. Same for T2 pets Caltrops works the same way its drop on the target as a debuff so once they die it goes away vs it being a location drop. the caltrop is whatever its not there to do damage due to the 50 mag fear on it but rain of fire 100% needs to be fixed and be location or just give them a different move that AoEs literally anything. Worst part is that you don't know it works like this till you see it so leveling up to see it then being like well guess I have to scrap the character is very soul crushing as a player.

• Like 1

This happens for all pets that create a pseudo pet

jounin caltrops

arsonist/assault bot fire patches

lore pet banished pantheons invulnerable support side pain rain thing i dont know the actual names

there are probably more

It's just one of those things that once you know about it. You can't not know about it and like I don't even care about the damage I care way more about the END usage since ninjas and most pets drain their blue bar like a 5th grade crushes a capri sun. I play this MM solo so only recovery I was getting was from /time which is just enough so in a group setting way less of a problem potentially. It's one of those QoL things that atleast in my mind is an easy fix just change the targeting type unless henchmen can't place location based attacks.

Would be nice to see it patched in the future but imo unless you really really really like ninjas pick a different pet power set =(. Plus side note the T2 pets slap and can perma KD bosses once they get going which is nice.

Edited by Terrorxfury