Server Tray

most people would think a server tray is the device a waiter uses to bring you your food/beverage but there's actually a tray in game named exactly that.

I discovered this when attempting to config my new game controller (more on that in a different threat later) but I was not aware each tray has different names.

How do we know which is which?

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

The Server Tray is specifically the tray that pops up if you have mission critical temporary powers (Bloody Bay's Ore Extractor or the Adamaster Summoning Ritual for example) or if you have a travel power that includes another power (example: Mystic Flight's Translocation).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

13 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

The Server Tray is specifically the tray that pops up if you have mission critical temporary powers (Bloody Bay's Ore Extractor or the Adamaster Summoning Ritual for example) or if you have a travel power that includes another power (example: Mystic Flight's Translocation).

Thanks. I wondered if it was that. But I also remember that years ago on live there was a collaboration with a peripherals country (Razer?) where they had 10 buttons on the side of the mouse and a dedicated tray for those powers. I seem to recall it was fairly short lived but made me wonder.

So supplementary question: Other than having it pop up when there are powers that fit it available, is it detachable and useable in other ways?

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

Neither the server tray nor the Razr tray are of much use. There have been multiple discussions and both are so locked to certain functions and actions and so forth that they're best left in the dustbin.

The server tray can be disabled by that all-knowing PITA Null the Gull, and is best done so.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

10 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

The server tray can be disabled by that all-knowing PITA Null the Gull, and is best done so.

Only for Travel Powers.  It doesn't stop anything else in that tray from appearing.

• Thanks 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

3 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

Neither the server tray nor the Razr tray are of much use. There have been multiple discussions and both are so locked to certain functions and actions and so forth that they're best left in the dustbin.

I didn't realize that and it's good to know.  I once tried reworking the position of enhancement tray 4 to sit over the original 3, but gave up because the server tray kept popping up, covering it.  Now I might be able to change that.