Katana / Dark Armor Scrapper (New Player)

JackPowers

Hi everyone,

I'm a new player returning to the game after 20 years (and frankly I remember nothing). A couple nights ago, I re-created my favorite dnd character, a Hexblade Warlock as a Katana/Dark Armor scrapper. I love him thematically, but now that I'm in my 20's, I seem to be struggling a lot in solo missions. I understand I have the possibility of respecing, so I was hoping that someone could give me guidance or point me in the direction of a resource for learning which skills to invest in and which enhancements are best for different skills. Any other new character tips for being more successful in my solo adventures are also appreciated.

Thank you!

Posted (edited)

Well generally this is about the level where endurance can become a problem for any character and Dark Armor in particular can be a very end heavy set.  If @Werneris still around or you can find one of his Kat/DA builds on these forums you could hardly do better than to use them as a template.  Otherwise, this SR scrapper player will leave more specific comments for the DA aficionados on these boards.

But I will say keep your attacks to the quicker activating ones (to avoid getting locked in animation) and use Divine Avalanche frequently to help if it seems to be getting a bit too hot.  It can stack a +defense to Melee and Lethal to help you get through spots.  If not in trouble feel free to drop the big hammers, of course.  Mids Reborn is a build program a lot of us use and can be an excellent resource to look at ideas without committing to them or trying them first on the test servers.

And welcome back!!

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 10:49 PM, JackPowers said:

Hi everyone,

I'm a new player returning to the game after 20 years (and frankly I remember nothing). A couple nights ago, I re-created my favorite dnd character, a Hexblade Warlock as a Katana/Dark Armor scrapper. I love him thematically, but now that I'm in my 20's, I seem to be struggling a lot in solo missions. I understand I have the possibility of respecing, so I was hoping that someone could give me guidance or point me in the direction of a resource for learning which skills to invest in and which enhancements are best for different skills. Any other new character tips for being more successful in my solo adventures are also appreciated.

Thank you!

Welcome back! I recently returned as well and it’s been great fun so far. 

With DA you need to really slot your attacks with End Red as I find it is attacks that drain your endurance the most especially a set like katana which is relatively fast activating and recharging. 

If you are using basic IOs I would slot your attacks with Acc x2, Dam x 3 and End x1 

If you have kismet +hit then you might get away with just 1x Acc. 

If you need some INF to help you along send me a DM and I can mail you some. 

• Like 1

As a new player, don't spend much time considering Oppressive Gloom and don't spend any on Cloak of Fear.  They are both good powers, but Cloak of Fear in particular requires a lot of slotting to provide a small amount of mitigation.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?