Homecoming wiki

Hi!  I noticed what I think might be an error on the Homecoming wiki.  I had a level 44 Controller (Vigilante/blueside) and attempted to buy the tenth costume slot from Anna (Croatoa.)  I had all of the necessary salvage.  However, she didn't offer the costume recipe.  I tried again at level 45 and had the same results.  Then I tried another toon I had at level 50 and she offered the costume recipe.

The wiki says "any level" can purchase an extra costume slot.  I'm not sure if that's limited to the Halloween Event or if a toon has to be level 50 all year.  If someone else could verify this (there's more than one vendor to purchase a costume slot from and I haven't had a chance to test them all yet) that would be helpful I'm sure.

Anyway, I just thought I'd post it for the wiki editors.  I'm not a registered user of the wiki and I've also heard that only a few people are allowed to edit it.

• Like 1

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

All of my most recent characters have been able to open that costume slot with Halloween Salvage at level 1.  And my most recent character was made just yesterday..  Are you certain you had not already used the Halloween salvage on that articular character?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can buy one slot with costume salvage or open all of them doing tailor missions.  Three are available on Blue, Three on Red, but that lets you bypass Halloween salvage.  I suspect you already bought one via salvage.

• Like 1

I do the halloween salvage, then both Level 20 missions, and the redside level 30 mission (quickest and easiest to do).  Never have had to touch the blue 30 or the 40s.

Both sides' tailors will talk to Rogues, but Facemaker snubs Vigilantes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ravenplume said:

Both sides' tailors will talk to Rogues, but Facemaker snubs Vigilantes.

Interesting, I always tended to switch to be red or blue depending on side.   I usually did both 20s & 30s and didn't bother with salvage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lemming said:

Interesting, I always tended to switch to be red or blue depending on side.   I usually did both 20s & 30s and didn't bother with salvage.

I have a metric buttload of salvage racked up in storage and on characters from over the years.  Come to think of it, I also have an impreial buttload of Lords of Winter packs I loaded up on the year they had the big fixed price sale on them as well...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ravenplume said:

Are you certain you had not already used the Halloween salvage on that articular character?

I believe this was the problem.  Thank you for the suggestion!

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

Posted (edited)

Who else discovered back in the Time Before(tm), when all the HW salvage was good for was unlocking the slot or selling on the AH; that if you had multiple sets and you clicked fast enough when turning the salvage in that you could unlock more of the slots?  Got pretty good at doubles, and even managed a triple a time or two...

Edited by Ravenplume