Dark/Dark/Soul Tank build notes/suggestions.

Thraxen

no soul transfer (everyone is defeated in tough content)

no midnight grasp???

built for defense....

the preventative medicine proc in health is doing little for you on a build with that much healing, shove the slot to stamina and a 50+5 endmod i/o

• Thumbs Up 1

Only times I've died thus far have been to recharge debuffs.  I have self rez on a scrap that is willpower and have yet to use it, even during hard stuff. 

I don't like the noodles or the other animation.  Have plenty of attacks without it.  

Not really build for defense.  Fell backwards into like 30% melee just from other sets and weave.  I went for resist first, then getting very close to perma hasten and soul drain after.  

The preventative medicine proc seems like it would be great on a dark.  It will fire a lot I imagine.  I don't have it yet on my lowbie but he will shortly. I shouldn't need the more end.  It nets 2% and has cardiac on top of attack slots.  I use the dark consumption some now while leveling but end isn't as good either.

18 minutes ago, Thraxen said:

Only times I've died thus far have been to recharge debuffs.  I have self rez on a scrap that is willpower and have yet to use it, even during hard stuff. 

I don't like the noodles or the other animation.  Have plenty of attacks without it.  

Not really build for defense.  Fell backwards into like 30% melee just from other sets and weave.  I went for resist first, then getting very close to perma hasten and soul drain after.  

The preventative medicine proc seems like it would be great on a dark.  It will fire a lot I imagine.  I don't have it yet on my lowbie but he will shortly. I shouldn't need the more end.  It nets 2% and has cardiac on top of attack slots.  I use the dark consumption some now while leveling but end isn't as good either.

if you are not planning to do 1 star lgtf, 1 star ITF, (or more stars) or running a lot of Seon you are probably fine.

Any Tank is a god in regular content.  Just looking at flaws as the pressure increases at high end.

Not taking Midnight Grasp though?  c'mon,,,

• Thumbs Up 1

We’ll see on self rez. I’ve tanked 4 star ITFs on stone and sr and never wanted or needed a self rez. Generally was team wipes and wanted to reset.  Was at end. 

heal is up every 9 seconds. And 80% resist to recharge debuff. 

I don’t like the noodles and the alt animation either. I’m unsure how much that gimps it really.  Think rest of attacks will be plenty. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Am gonna get the self rez.  

Gonna try and use hover all the time too.  I like the look of lil fluff ball floatin around.  

Might try midnight grasp again.  Maybe I'll like the noodles.  

I'm having decision fatigue at this point lol.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Thraxen said:

Maybe this?  I like Darkest Night for AVs but don't want it rest of time.  

Yeticabrangel - Tanker (Dark Armor - Dark Melee) with hasten 4.mbd 44.91 kB · 2 downloads

Darkest Night serves 3 functions for me.  1) debuff AV.  2) grab agro, even ranged (especially?)  You can jump at two groups.  Land in the center of first, taunt, and throw Darkest Night in a bodd in the other.  boom, you are tanking 2 groups.  3) debuff large group of hard targets like minotaurs or such.

You only need 2 rech in haste.  if worried 50+5 them.  

What are you doing with Dark Regen?  Seriously.  If you hit 1 target it fills your health from 1% to 100$.  take that extra hasten slot and 6 slot Thefor of essence (I prefer Youch of Nictus) and get 4.5% Energy Res...