The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Is it possible to bring back the old Fire/Plasma Shield VFX?

Before Fiery Aura got a graphical update, the two basic defense powers in the set each had a neat translucent oval-shaped sprite surrounding the character, somewhat similar in appearance to Hamidon mitochondria, the same orange and blue colors as the respective flames. I was very sad to see those go when the graphics for those powers were shifted to just a flame effect on the PC's body. Would there be any way to bring that forcefield-like sprite effect back as a power customization?

I wish I had a screenshot to share, but I lost all of my original ones a few Windows updates ago 😞

Welcome to the forums

iirc there are currently 4 different types of firelike auras you can choose from in the character creation

Bio plasma

fiery

omega

Path aura/Blazing

also some auras looks different at times depending on your current video settings

perhaps you can achieve the effect you are looking for through some combination of those factors?

I'm sorry to hear about your lost photos

lets make some new ones! 👍

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

Not sure if that's still in the game assets. Had to go back and double check if you were just missing seeing an option, and I don't see it.

If it's available? *shrug* Sure. More options.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Posted (edited)

I think I see what you mean from this video. I think I'd prefer the older FX along with you, looks pretty cool. Looks like Fire Shield and Plasma Shield get the same ring FX from Blazing Aura, but without any pulsing. 

Edited by Ston
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ston said:

I think I see what you mean from this video. I think I'd prefer the older FX along with you, looks pretty cool. Looks like Fire Shield and Plasma Shield get the same ring FX from Blazing Aura, but without any pulsing. 

Yep, that's it! Thanks for finding that, I looked before posting but couldn't find anything myself. And thanks for looking into it Greycat, appreciate the consideration.