hello, happy Friday everyone

So I'm messin around a bit with TW

tbh I haven't tried it since the revamp a few years back

it felt very clunky prior but I'm starting to get the rhythm of it (i think)

anyway

iirc some weapons have a bonus to accuracy

I'd like TW to also share the same bonus to accuracy 

cause its um a giant weapon..........

kinda hard to miss with a giant weapon lol

thanks, have a great weekend everyone

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

Originally, that bonus was meant to make up for weapon redraw if you used a power outside of your weapon powerset, something the non-weapon sets didn't have to deal with.

I believe (and I could be wrong, cause I'm going off memory of long lost forum posts) the reason TW never got that bonus was because it's redraw times were already baked in to it's slow animations, as in (ignoring Momentum), whether your weapon was already out or not at the start of combat, the animation was the same length.

Normally I'd say, "yeah, go for it, I'm all for parity, don't forget Trick Arrow also never got that bonus" buuut... if you really think about it, weapon redraw time doesn't really exist anymore, so now it's like why do these sets get an accuracy bonus at all? Minus Archery cause that's her thing, some weapon sets get to be naturally more accurate to make up for a penalty that they don't really have anymore.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield | Wild Instincts | Crystallization
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

I remember reading Probability Distortion a few months back and thinking it was the best player proposed set I'd ever seen. - Arbiter Hawk 💚

2 hours ago, Trickshooter said:

Originally, that bonus was meant to make up for weapon redraw if you used a power outside of your weapon powerset, something the non-weapon sets didn't have to deal with.

I believe (and I could be wrong, cause I'm going off memory of long lost forum posts) the reason TW never got that bonus was because it's redraw times were already baked in to it's slow animations, as in (ignoring Momentum), whether your weapon was already out or not at the start of combat, the animation was the same length.

Normally I'd say, "yeah, go for it, I'm all for parity, don't forget Trick Arrow also never got that bonus" buuut... if you really think about it, weapon redraw time doesn't really exist anymore, so now it's like why do these sets get an accuracy bonus at all? Minus Archery cause that's her thing, some weapon sets get to be naturally more accurate to make up for a penalty that they don't really have anymore.

wow i never knew this.

maybe the acc bonus can get pinned on powers that have longer-ish cast times?

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

5 minutes ago, PoptartsNinja said:

These days I think it's mostly a "sorry you deal 90+% lethal damage" thing.

If it goes away, mob resistances should have an accross-the-board rebalance.

I did think "maybe we'll just call it bonus accuracy because you do lethal or smashing damage" but then beam rifle is pure energy and still gets it lol

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield | Wild Instincts | Crystallization
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

I remember reading Probability Distortion a few months back and thinking it was the best player proposed set I'd ever seen. - Arbiter Hawk 💚