Feedback - Instanced MSR

27 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I'll bite. What are these non-reward incentives for doing an MSR?

By that, I mean that an MSR is great for XP, but for 40-45 minutes worth of playtime you could almost certainly get more in terms of reward merits, etc. doing other things.

A quick example I've mentioned before - we tend to do 4 (or more) Hami raids at a time these days, which could net you 200 reward merits if you just selected that from the table, and a set of Hami runs will take about 30 minutes. You'll get a little XP and other drops from the GMs as you are gathering EoEs, but not a ton. A single MSR will probably net you in the neighborhood of, let's say, 50 reward merits if you choose that conversion, and will require a little more of your time. You do get influence, salvage, and recipe drops during an MSR, but it's not going to make up the value of the 150 additional reward merits you would have got in a Hami.

Others can point out even quicker ways to earn reward merits, influence, etc. than in an MSR, I am sure. Outside of AE, though, I don't think you can beat an MSR in terms of XP.

In my mind, the non-reward incentives to participating in an MSR versus, say, a Hami is the interactions that happen especially in the bowl. This is an example of where our community gets to hang out and just have fun while playing the game. Hamis have that, but in my experience it is much different than just hanging out and blasting away at bad guys leisurely.

• Thanks 1

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

1 minute ago, Oklahoman said:

By that, I mean that an MSR is great for XP, but for 40-45 minutes worth of playtime you could almost certainly get more in terms of reward merits, etc. doing other things.

I think the real value of MSR is unlocking Incarnates plus it's a great supply of threads. For low-effort Merit farming, Hami will always be king.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

That's been what I've seen, too. It's been a good long while since I've had an MSR fail in any way, shape, or form. It probably has some small effect on rewards, but if you are doing an MSR for rewards you probably aren't getting the biggest return on your time, anyway.

Various SO enhacements.
2-4 RMs out of VM conversiions.
Vanguard rewards.
Badges to a certain point.
Lots of recipes, salvage, etc.
Eckspeez!

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 5/16/2024 at 10:59 PM, Hyperstrike said:

Various SO enhacements.
2-4 RMs out of VM conversiions.
Vanguard rewards.
Badges to a certain point.
Lots of recipes, salvage, etc.
Eckspeez!

...lol, if it only gave 4 reward merits nobody would do it.

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

As an aside to the topic, there is also the Vanguard Merit to Reward Merit conversion option for players who want to convert their MSR-earned Vanguard Merits to Reward Merits. I usually get around 1,000 Vanguard Merits per MSR run, which nets me around 30 Reward Merits (plus defeating U'kon Gr'ai for 6 Reward Merits) when I feel like converting them. Most of the time I spend them on the Vanguard heavy temporary power (which itself is a great reward and incentivizes me enough to run this content even without all of the other rewards).

Spoiler

image.png.9ed3d3b93c256cb5c661f94a762bc5df.png

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png