Game Show Base Opening! Saturday May 18, 2024, 7:30pm EST on Excelsior

Posted (edited)

Saturday May 18, 2024, 7:30pm EST on Excelsior

Game Show Starts at 8:00pm
Studio A1

We are finally ready to open our Game Show base to the public.  Though the base is not entirely complete (there's still lots to be built and decorate) we wanted to celebrate to 20th anniversary of City of Heroes! We have plans for more game shows as you will se more than one studio in the base.  

That's right!  This is a functioning game show!  Players will be chosen to play games with us  The games are real; the prizes are real.  All you have to do is show up in your most outlandish costume you can create.  This is not a costume contest but if you want to be called up to play well, you need to stand out!

How does the game work?

At the start of the game, six players will be selected to come to the front of the stage.  There, they will be presented with some items in which they must bid on its value.  The contestant that bids the closest, without going over.  The player not only wins the items but gets to come up on stage to potentially win MORE!  

After the player has completed the game onstage, we will call on another player to fill the open spot at the front of the stage.

There are some simple requests we have for those who decide to join us.
    Please turn off all powers and auras.
    Please no pets.  
    Please do not go past the front row unless called upon.
    Please do not send tells to the game show staff.  We will be REAL busy.
    Please have REQUEST chat channel on.  We will use this to communicate to you all.
    PLEASE HAVE FUN!      

If you want to voice what you think the contestant should choose, use these emotes:
    /e score1
    /e score2
    /e score3

I want to take a moment to thank all the players who helped us get this going.  I want to thank our base builder who worked more hours than I can imagine, to build something so wonderful.  I also want to thank all the players who donated to the games played in Atlas Park, Costume Contests, and other events, your generosity did not go unnoticed.  Thanks to all the players who have played games with us.  It is because of your excitement and enthusiasm that this base was built. It is for you.  We most of all want to thank the Homecoming Staff for keeping the lights on.  If you were not here, then we would not be here.

Oh yeah, you're going to need this pass code: MONTY-27905

So, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

screenshot_240512-09-12-00.jpg

screenshot_240512-09-24-44.jpg

screenshot_240504-20-07-09.jpg

Edited by Monty Haull
Added base passcode
  • Like 10

This is going be epic MONTY!  You and Wolfgang will at last be able to showcase something truly unique!  I have played a lot of games. THIS! Is unlike anything I have ever seen in any mmorpg! Not only will this set the game apart from other games, but it will also set excelsior server apart from other servers! The fact that you have Laucianna committing to make an appearance makes the game one of a kind, after all how many game shows have extra dimensional fan like her?

On behalf of "Money Mouse" I will be there

You help make the culture Monty! 

You help make it real Wolfgang!

The unsung heroes seem to always be the most important! ......Cheers!

This is going to be a fun and memorable time for all involved!

Maybe a Gm will make it to contestants' row! Money Mouse is now accepting bribes! ....Only kidding! lol I am really looking forward to this!9180-279440527.jpg.2b589c45388869079b2d08db27d0add0.jpgR(5).jpg.076daa262c6d988b82f38a6d1bc8ae44.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't get to be there for the event but I DID go early to see the base and stage.  @Enchantica even tried to give me a door prize just for showing up!

I'm glad to hear it was a good time...hopefully there will be future opportunities on a day/time when I can be there.  Maybe the Bastage will put on his Sunday best.  😁

• Thanks 2

@Radgen

Mostly on Torch and Ex

Very fun evening, felt exactly like a real tv game show! Monty, Money Mouse and the rest of their crew were totally professional! The audience / contestants were all great and everyone participated with great attitudes, really getting into it and having a blast.

I'll be keeping an eye out for the next time, so I can bring my spouse, she would have loved it.

Merv sez thanks to Monty & Crew. 😉

screenshot_240518-21-16-27.jpg

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, COH Radgen said:

I didn't get to be there for the event but I DID go early to see the base and stage.  @Enchantica even tried to give me a door prize just for showing up!

I'm glad to hear it was a good time...hopefully there will be future opportunities on a day/time when I can be there.  Maybe the Bastage will put on his Sunday best.  😁

Omg the backwoods bastage! You be a great guest! woot but you will have to lay off the "shine!"

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who came out!  It was a real blast!  Honestly, it went off better than I expected.  Thanks to Money Mouse for getting the contestants all lines up and thanks to Stage Manager Wolf for pulling the strings, literally!

The total cash prizes awarded last night was over 1.2 BILLION!  Mr Kaos was the biggest winner of the night, taking home 550 MILLION!

We will be doing another show in a few weeks! 

screenshot_240518-20-52-06.jpg

screenshot_240518-20-42-15.jpg

screenshot_240518-20-39-17.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

OMG, I didn't know you were putting up the numbers on the podiums as people bid like that, that's awesome.  I'm not spending much time on the forums anymore but feel it's worth coming out of lurk-mode to say this was the most fun couple of hours I've had in CoH for some time, thanks for the fun 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

18 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

OMG, I didn't know you were putting up the numbers on the podiums as people bid like that, that's awesome.  I'm not spending much time on the forums anymore but feel it's worth coming out of lurk-mode to say this was the most fun couple of hours I've had in CoH for some time, thanks for the fun 😃

Glad you liked it.  Adding the numbers was a last minute decision and it worked well.   I would like to try having it face the audience.  I write down the bids so I don't need to see it.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

Will you be updating this post when you do another show?  I certainly don't want to miss it.  Easier to check this thread every day or few than to try to catch an ad in chat.

I will create a new post for the next show. 

Hint: we are planning Saturday, June 8th same time.