Phantom Army damage question

So, I was working my way through the Maria Jenkins arc at +4x8 on my illusion/fire dom and I noticed that while 54 AV Chimera was practically a pushover, I couldn't beat 54 AV Nightstar.  I'm guessing that her 50% psychic resist was what was doing me in, I just didn't expect that psychic damage was quite that large a portion of my damage. 

Today, however, I started wondering about the heal back portion of PA's damage.  It's also "resisted," right?  There's no chance that the 50% psychic resist + purple patch only affected the damage and not the heal back, right?

Ya chimera is super easy from range. He's pretty dangerous in melee though. 

Nightstar actually has 75% psi res iirc. I had to turn her down to lvl 53 because it was taking too long on my earth/psi. That said, she is one of the least dangerous AV's in the game because her ptod have no stun protection.

Spoiler

I don't think she has fire res though, so you should be able to dps her down. Dunno if you use lores, but that should make it a cakewalk like most AV's.

As for Phantom Army healback? I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure it follows the purpl e patch and it should be resistible as well. So you aren't doing negative damage against something like Reichman during his uber unstoppable heh. Maybe worth a test though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frosticus said:

her ptod have no stun protection.

I did not know this and it would have helped immensely.  I'll have to try again and make sure to stun her!

I use lores if I remember them.  It's my one non-T4 at the moment.  

Well, the next time I'm taking on an AV with high psy resist, I'll save my combat log and check.  I'll follow up here if no one else does with the answer. 

Though, I'm fairly certain they likely don't heal back more if they have psy resist.  Illusion is one of the oldest sets on Controllers and a bug like this would have been caught, right?

10 hours ago, RelativeQuanta said:

There's no chance that the 50% psychic resist + purple patch only affected the damage and not the heal back, right?

It's -X Psionic Damage after 5 seconds, so it should be resisted.  In fact, I'd expect that it was designed to apply -X Psionic Damage instead of a heal specifically to prevent Psi-resistant NPCs from being healed more than damaged.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.