What are the WORST Armor sets?

Linea

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 1:09 PM, Linea said:

(off topic) Additional info on 801 armor testing:

Hide contents

SR (Tank) Difficulty 13 means that I was able to solo survive about 25 minutes in 801.D.  ... 1 time in 13.  I failed the other 12 times in less than 5 minutes, and usually in less than 1 minute.  SR was by far the most difficult to drive and test.  It is the only armor that had that high of a variance.  SD rates 12, but passed 12 more often than not, but didn't stand a chance in 13.  Hornet (scrapper) passes 6 with flying colors, but barely fails 7 every time even after dozens and dozens of runs.  However, the teeny tiniest bit of support, and Hornet can pass 7.  If you want to rate her either 6 or 7, I won't argue with either, but 6 is probably the most fair assessment.

You'd have to search the tank forums, at this point it's mostly in my head.

You'll have to search all way back on the forums to HC release (if not farther back), probably in multiple sections.

You could start here: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/27139-help-with-tank-build-for-801a/#comment-340990

Just re-reading that, I've take armors higher since then, and the actual start is much farther back and probably lost to history.  Originally I never tested anything above a 2, that was good enough for me.  But then when HC came along I was asked to make a more difficult one for tanks, so we got a 5.   Then people asked for Team versions, ... over time It grew to 15.  It's rare for teams to go above 7, so you'll find the most missions in the 0 through 7 range, with only a few each for higher difficulties.

(off topic) This is an old summary quote, not updated, pulled from my archives.  It's still mostly true, but not entirely accurate.

Reveal hidden contents

Linea Durability Ratings

Based on Solo +4x8 AE 801.# capability.   Where # is 0 to F, Hexadecimal, where F is 15. 

EX: 801.2 is the standard armor test.  If you can complete 801.2 then you have enough dps and durability for 95% of the game.

Anything rated 2 or above can tank the majority of official content.

Most tanks driven by most players do not even rate 2.

Defense Tanks rate 6 to 13.

Resist Tanks rate 5 to 7.

Heal-Amor Tanks rate 5 to 6.  Although I have had other players report BIO on Tanks up to 7.

Defense Brutes rate 5 to 10

Resist Brutes rate 5 to 7, but tanks rate higher more easily.

Heal-Armor Brutes rate 2 to 5

Defense Scrappers, Stalkers, and Sentinels rate 2 to 6.

Resist Scrappers, Stalkers and Sentinels are unrated, but should rate 2 to 4

Heal-Armor Scrappers rate 2 to 3

Veats, Heats, Defenders rate 2 to 5  ... I ran an empath through 2, once and only once.  If you want to discount that, then rate them 1 to 5.

Some truly exceptional Veats or Heats may rate 6.

Masterminds, Corruptors, Controllers and Doms are not far behind Defenders, and rate 0 to 5, but are harder to get to rate higher.

Some truly exceptional Controllers and Doms rate 6.  I am NOT that player, mine rate 2 to 5.

Blasters rate 0 to 4

Regen is Unrated, in this context Heal-Armor means Willpower and Bio Armor. 

If you want to account for build quality, set all low end numbers to zero.

Defenses Armors rate up to 13

Resist Armors rate up to 6

Heal-Tank Armors rate up to 5

IO Armor rates up to 2

Removing oneself from AT and armor and focuing DDR everything becomes more clear. No not Dance Dance Revolution but defenense debuff resistants 

The reason SR  came out so consistent for you  is because it has a built in 95%DDR which is  the most important thing endgame because of  cascading DDR failures built into end game. Some other armor set have less and some have no DDR.   But all can compensate with incarnate that add DDR. Its is more of a balance some stonger than others but you now sacrafice the freedom of picking destiny incarnate to get ddr in ageless.  When realizing other armor can cap DDR you now see how SR can be surpassed in survivability but again its all trade offs the other build has to sacrifice its destiny incarnate to do what is baked into SR. 

Also who ever said /ice armor is weak on scrappers might not realise the best T9 armor in game is Ice bastion and is a exclusive scrapper power.

I agree with most others as well /reg is in a bad state for scrappers.

Worst scrapper I ever made was

--Kin melee and Fire Armor

So fire armor on scrapper with no taunt baked in has to be up there on worst armor for scarppers.

Edited by Ironscarlet

48 minutes ago, Ironscarlet said:

Removing oneself from AT and armor and focuing DDR everything becomes more clear. No not Dance Dance Revolution but defenense debuff resistants 

The reason SR  came out so consistent for you  is because it has a built in 95%DDR which is  the most important thing endgame because of  cascading DDR failures built into end game. Some other armor set have less and some have no DDR.   But all can compensate with incarnate that add DDR. Its is more of a balance some stonger than others but you now sacrafice the freedom of picking destiny incarnate to get ddr in ageless.  When realizing other armor can cap DDR you now see how SR can be surpassed in survivability but again its all trade offs the other build has to sacrifice its destiny incarnate to do what is baked into SR. 

Also who ever said /ice armor is weak on scrappers might not realise the best T9 armor in game is Ice bastion and is a exclusive scrapper power.

I agree with most others as well /reg is in a bad state for scrappers.

Worst scrapper I ever made was

--Kin melee and Fire Armor

So fire armor on scrapper with no taunt baked in has to be up there on worst armor for scarppers.

Great points all around, just wanted to point out that Stalkers get Icy Bastion as well! Love my Ice Armor Stalker.

• Thumbs Up 1