Dark Astoria Hospital Sign/Name Mismatch

Great catch.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

8 hours ago, Derek Icelord said:

Looks like the same bug in Peregrine Island. Hospital says Cygnus, but the neighborhood says Aquarius Medical Center. Cygnus is in Echo: Galaxy City.

pi.jpg

I don't see this as a bug.  Most hospitals are NOT named after the neighborhood.  I have a St. Luke's Hospital near me and no town, city, or neighborhood are named "St. Luke's."   These names could just be the name of the company that owns/runs them.  

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

I don't see this as a bug.  Most hospitals are NOT named after the neighborhood.  I have a St. Luke's Hospital near me and no town, city, or neighborhood are named "St. Luke's."   These names could just be the name of the company that owns/runs them.  

I would agree except that in the screenshot of the post you are quoting, it says both Aquarius Medical Center and Cygnus Medical Center. It really shouldn't have both names. (Edit: At least not for a single building. Now if there were multiple buildings so the one in the screen shot was the Cygnus Medical Center at the Aquarius Medical Center like several medical facilities out here do, then there wouldn't be a problem. Just a single building though with 2 different names?)

Edited by Rudra

28 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I would agree except that in the screenshot of the post you are quoting, it says both Aquarius Medical Center and Cygnus Medical Center. It really shouldn't have both names. (Edit: At least not for a single building. Now if there were multiple buildings so the one in the screen shot was the Cygnus Medical Center at the Aquarius Medical Center like several medical facilities out here do, then there wouldn't be a problem. Just a single building though with 2 different names?)

Heh!  The words were so close to the skyline I didn't notice them.  True.  The 2nd pic is incongruent and should be consistent.  But the first pic, there is no issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

Except in-game they are. I use the word "neighborhood" since it's shorter than "the named zone subsection that pops up when you cross an invisible boundary denoted by pixels".

Every hospital in Paragon City is in its own "neighborhood" (as the game uses the term), but in some zones the sigh on the hospital itself does not match the subzone popup/system text. I'm pretty sure they're all supposed to be unique. The "neighborhood" (again, as the game uses the term) names certainly are, but some of the signs are duplicated.

The Rogue Isles and Praetoria skip that and just name them all the same thing. Black Heart Memorial and Cole Memorial respectively.

Edited by Derek Icelord

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

1 hour ago, Derek Icelord said:

Except in-game they are. I use the word "neighborhood" since it's shorter than "the named zone subsection that pops up when you cross an invisible boundary denoted by pixels".

Every hospital in Paragon City is in its own "neighborhood" (as the game uses the term), but in some zones the sigh on the hospital itself does not match the subzone popup/system text. I'm pretty sure they're all supposed to be unique. The "neighborhood" (again, as the game uses the term) names certainly are, but some of the signs are duplicated.

The Rogue Isles and Praetoria skip that and just name them all the same thing. Black Heart Memorial and Cole Memorial respectively.

I get what you are saying, but it isn't the St. Elegius Medical Center area. It's just St. Elegius.

2 hours ago, Derek Icelord said:

Every zone has multiple neighborhoods - and that is the correct term and quotes not needed.  But each zone also only has 1 hospital.  Yes, perhaps some neighborhoods are "medical districts" with matching hospital names - as in your 2nd pic you shared, which is clearly a bug/typo.  But also, some hospital names do NOT have to match the neighborhood name - like in your 1st pic you shared - there is no reason Chiron Medical Center can't be in the neighborhood of St. Elegis - this is all perfectly fine.  

As for the Rogue Isles and Praetoria, the healthcare systems there are all run by the ruling regimes - so of course, they all have the same name.   

Except there's no St. Elegius neighborhood marker on the map, consistent with all the other hospitals in the game. The Founder's Falls sign and neighborhood aren't a perfect match, either. The sign is M. Harvey Medical Center while the neighborhood is Harvey Medical Center.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

Posted (edited)

Neither is the hospital in Echo: Dark Astoria in a zoned neighborhood. As for Founder's Falls, I don't see any problem with that one myself. At least  out here, people tend to shorthand names. And people calling the M. Harvey Medical Center just the Harvey Medical Center fits with what people where I live do with our clinics, hospitals, labs, and other medical centers.

(Edit: Translation for my posts as follows: Yes, you found some bugs. However, some of them aren't really a big deal in my book. Maybe the devs will fix it, but there are real world analogs to the mismatches you are pointing out. At least for some of them.)

Edited by Rudra