How to see Enemy tohit percentage during fight

Jacktar

Hi, am rolling a new Dark/Dark/Electric Defender and am really enjoying it so far.

I see the build has a lot of tohit debuff powers and in this forum I see lots of comments such as no problem keeping the mobs tohit on the floor et cetera.

So how do I monitor the foes tohit level whilst fighting them.

Is there a menu option or do I need to buy a temp power from START vendor ??.

All help and guidance will be gratefully received, thanks.

Oh I usually run my scrappie so just go and hit stuff so this Defender thing is a nice change.

You can check your combat log for foe tohit chance or buy the Power Analyzer temp power from the START vendor (50,000 inf for 20 charges). Neither is particularly convenient to use in combat. If you build properly, you should be confident that your powers are getting the job done.

While most of your powers have -tohit, Dark Miasma has two that have a lot. Darkest Night is a toggle with a 25 ft radius AoE and is autohit. Fearsome Stare is a cone with a 70 ft radius and 45 deg arc but requires accuracy. Both have 18.75% -tohit base and 29.25% fully enhanced (Fearsome Stare should be slotted with an Accurate ToHit Debuff set, not a Fear set). Since these powers stack, you'll be at 58.5% if you use both. Once you get Dark Servant you'll have even more -tohit, since it also gets Darkest Night (15% base) plus Chill of the Night (10 ft radius autohit aura with 30% -tohit base).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Uun said:

While most of your powers have -tohit, Dark Miasma has two that have a lot. Darkest Night is a toggle with a 25 ft radius AoE and is autohit. Fearsome Stare is a cone with a 70 ft radius and 45 deg arc but requires accuracy. Both have 18.75% -tohit base and 29.25% fully enhanced (Fearsome Stare should be slotted with an Accurate ToHit Debuff set, not a Fear set). Since these powers stack, you'll be at 58.5% if you use both. Once you get Dark Servant you'll have even more -tohit, since it also gets Darkest Night (15% base) plus Chill of the Night (10 ft radius autohit aura with 30% -tohit base).

@Uun is right here, but they didn't mention that those debuffs will lost effectiveness the higher level the mobs are above you, also mobs have degrees of resistance to THD, especially AVs, and hard mode they have higher tohit.

So enhancing that THD value you can pump out as high as you can and pair things t with some sort of power boost or clarion radial can help you maximize the potential debuff you can put on mobs. That said flooring their tohit, they are clamped to a minimum of 5% chance to hit.

• Thanks 1

I don't go out of my way to slot powers for -ToHit, unless I can get some -ToHit boosts from pieces I otherwise want... so Accuracy/-ToHit, or Endurance/-ToHit. Often I do this with Hami-O/D-Syncs on a 'final build'. The exception is that I occasionally use the 4xCloud Senses set for the set bonuses (even though that set "caps" at level 30)

Why do I not slot for -ToHit?

1. Generally, the power has to hit the enemy first... so it is has a base reliability of whatever its ToHit chance is, and
  2. Then the enemy has to be affected by the debuff, and
  3. Any effected enemy has to "stick around" long enough that the -ToHit is interfering with the enemy's ability to make with the combat, and
  4. The enhancement of any -ToHit has to be worth it more than using that slot for something else (%damage) or somewhere else in the build.

I find that -ToHit is most reliable when it comes from AoE and also supports characters that would take a relatively long time to clear a large spawn. Some (Dark) pets are relatively slow at defeating enemies, and appear with ATs that can also be slow to clear large spawns... so -ToHit is almost certainly making those types more able to survive being swamped.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tidge said:

I don't go out of my way to slot powers for -ToHit, unless I can get some -ToHit boosts from pieces I otherwise want... so Accuracy/-ToHit, or Endurance/-ToHit. Often I do this with Hami-O/D-Syncs on a 'final build'. The exception is that I occasionally use the 4xCloud Senses set for the set bonuses (even though that set "caps" at level 30)

Why do I not slot for -ToHit?

1. Generally, the power has to hit the enemy first... so it is has a base reliability of whatever its ToHit chance is, and
  2. Then the enemy has to be affected by the debuff, and
  3. Any effected enemy has to "stick around" long enough that the -ToHit is interfering with the enemy's ability to make with the combat, and
  4. The enhancement of any -ToHit has to be worth it more than using that slot for something else (%damage) or somewhere else in the build.

I find that -ToHit is most reliable when it comes from AoE and also supports characters that would take a relatively long time to clear a large spawn. Some (Dark) pets are relatively slow at defeating enemies, and appear with ATs that can also be slow to clear large spawns... so -ToHit is almost certainly making those types more able to survive being swamped.

The only powers in Dark Miasma I slot for ToHit Debuff are Darkest Night, Fearsome Stare and Dark Servant. I don't slot any powers in Dark Blast for ToHit Debuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh my goodness, properly helpful advise and the rational behind it which is just so super helpful.

I do lurk the forums a lot and and I know how respected and sensible the advise you guys give is to less experienced players such as myself.

Looking at the above responders reads like a roll call of “I wish they were on my team”, I have just hit lvl 48 and so can plan properly now for a total rebuild and respec at lvl 50 using all the above guidance.

Really appreciate your time in repying guys, thanks so much.

• Like 1