Article on MMORPG.com

There's an article up titled, "Five MMOs That Deserve A Second Chance".  At the end, the article mentions an MMO that *DID* get a second chance - City of Heroes.  And it specifically mentions the licensing deal and the Homecoming servers.

https://www.mmorpg.com/editorials/five-mmos-that-deserve-a-second-chance-2000131647

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

I could see a revival of WildSTAR, though I agree with the critic who was linked in the article that the leveling was a bit grindy, so it would probably need a fresh look to some elements.  I played the game for about 6 months and enjoyed my time in the game.

Personally, I'd be all for a revival of Firefall (not on their list), but due to several incredibly poor command decisions, especially from the last owner group that was stunningly incompetent, I imagine any hope of a source code from which to start is next to nil.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Ironblade said:

There's an article up titled, "Five MMOs That Deserve A Second Chance".  At the end, the article mentions an MMO that *DID* get a second chance - City of Heroes.  And it specifically mentions the licensing deal and the Homecoming servers.

https://www.mmorpg.com/editorials/five-mmos-that-deserve-a-second-chance-2000131647

Thank you for sharing this article. I'm not on these sites too often because of the ads/spam, so it's appreciated!