Seer Marino arc has a waypoint misplaced

Posted (edited)

In the Seer Marino arc "Oh, Wretched Man!" there's one mish where the players' objective is to steal research about Ghost Widow from the Legacy Chain.  In the building where I completed the previous mish, I immediately called the contact to start the next mish.  The (red) waypoint appeared at the exit.  I exited the building and the (red) waypoint led me back to the door of the building I had just left.

I finally found the Legacy Chain mish by following the waypoint on the map itself instead of trying to use the Nav window.

Edit: I was running this arc from Flashback if that makes a difference.

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

17 minutes ago, Display Name said:

Edit: I was running this arc from Flashback if that makes a difference.

It does not make a difference. This happens when you are running the arc in-world at the proper level too.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Eiko-chan said:

It does not make a difference. This happens when you are running the arc in-world at the proper level too.

Yep.  Waypoints in Mercy Island and Port Oakes have been screwy since City of Villains beta.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

Yep.  Waypoints in Mercy Island and Port Oakes have been screwy since City of Villains beta.

It's not just Mercy Island and Port Oakes. Like in Nerva Archipelago if you are in the Crey facility and you accept a mission, the game may assign the way point for the mission to the door in/out of the facility. And exiting the facility and then logging off then on doesn't fix the waypoint. Also happens gold side relatively commonly in my experience depending on where you are and sometimes blue side as well.

• Like 1

Is the waypoint located in the correct place on the map every single time?  In other words: can I ignore this glitch?

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

Posted (edited)

On the map? I believe so, yes. (Edit: So far at least, when the nav bar waypoint marker goes screwy, it's the map marker that still gets me to the mission.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Thanks 1