Slotting Willpower

FullEclipse

Hey all so I ran a fire/will power sentinel and I seem to be very weak at 50?  I thought Willpower was a pretty good set back in the day but it seems underwhelming now.  What are the powers I should take from the set and how is best to slot them?  Maybe I just screwed up my slotting or something.

I have a psi/wp sentinel at 50 which works quite well actually. As long as I don't have delusions of tanking, I get by fine. I do have fighting pool active, which if you want to be durable is pretty necessary.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'seem to be very weak'.

My WP sent doesn't die unless I really push my luck.

I was curious about this too, and thinking of posting about it.  My water/WP sentinel is barely 22, and following my usual plan for Willpower, has just taken Mind over Body - no need to have toggles chewing on your endurance when they barely do as much as a couple small insps. 

I was wondering whether slotting up the WP defenses could be postponed indefinitely until after all the attacks are slotted, and whether having Fighting pool was really needful on the character.  Unlike my electric/electric blaster, who is mostly PBAoE based,  the sentinel attacks from range.  Like the blaster, a lot of her survivability seems to come from debuffs in her attacks.  I plan on building on that by adding the Pacing of the Turtle or Dark Watcher's Despair procs in just about everything that will accept them. 

Should I make slotting the defenses a priority, or build up my attacks first? 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I was curious about this too, and thinking of posting about it.  My water/WP sentinel is barely 22, and following my usual plan for Willpower, has just taken Mind over Body - no need to have toggles chewing on your endurance when they barely do as much as a couple small insps. 

I was wondering whether slotting up the WP defenses could be postponed indefinitely until after all the attacks are slotted, and whether having Fighting pool was really needful on the character.  Unlike my electric/electric blaster, who is mostly PBAoE based,  the sentinel attacks from range.  Like the blaster, a lot of her survivability seems to come from debuffs in her attacks.  I plan on building on that by adding the Pacing of the Turtle or Dark Watcher's Despair procs in just about everything that will accept them. 

Should I make slotting the defenses a priority, or build up my attacks first?

Wow, nice to see this name again! 

I prioritize attack selection and slotting early and slowly add slots to defenses.  By the 30's I aim to flesh out defenses and cap off the offenses.