The Supercommando

Ultimo

So, I'm creating a new character, based on Deathstroke (and a bit of Taskmaster).  I've created him in two ways, but I'm having trouble deciding which to stick with.

The first version is an Arsenal Control/Assault Rifle Dominator.  I'm kind of liking him so far, but he IS only L8.  He promises to be kind of gadgety, with the grenades and gasses and stuff.

The other is an Assault Rifle/Ninja Blaster.  I'm rather liking him too.  He does plenty of damage, and has that katana when people get in close.  He honestly "feels" more like Deathstroke than the Dominator does.

So, I'm looking for opinions.  As far a concept goes, which would you choose, and why?  As far as performance goes?

Just kind of polling the audience.

Edited by Ultimo

I'm far from an expert because I don't play a lot of dominators and I have only rarely tried assault rifle primary and ninja secondary.

Generally speaking though, Dominators will have a lot more toys to play with, while being somewhat more brittle.  The Sentinel will be less versatile and more pure damage focused, with a bit more ability to survive.

I have a lot more experience playing Sentinels and I'm just better at running that AT, so that would be my choice.  Skilled Dominator players could give you many reasons (very good reasons, I'm sure) for picking the other option.  My suspicion is that Dominators are the better class (at the very least, the more versatile class), I just tend to personally favor Sentinels because I lack the player skill to effectively leverage the Dominator's many abilities to best effect.

I also think you could make a very good Deathstroke with Assault Rifle/Ninjitsu/Weapon Mastery Sentinel.

For Taskmaster, I wish you could do Arrow/Shield or Shield/Arrow but nothing like that exists.  I guess the closest is to make MA/Shield/Weapon Scrapper or Stalker and get the bow & arrow temp power.

20 hours ago, Ultimo said:

So, I'm creating a new character, based on Deathstroke (and a bit of Taskmaster).  I've created him in two ways, but I'm having trouble deciding which to stick with.

The first version is an Arsenal Control/Assault Rifle Dominator.  I'm kind of liking him so far, but he IS only L8.  He promises to be kind of gadgety, with the grenades and gasses and stuff.

The other is an Assault Rifle/Ninja Blaster.  I'm rather liking him too.  He does plenty of damage, and has that katana when people get in close.  He honestly "feels" more like Deathstroke than the Dominator does.

So, I'm looking for opinions.  As far a concept goes, which would you choose, and why?  As far as performance goes?

Just kind of polling the audience.

As you should know, how a toon "feels" varies as you level 1-50 and even post 50 too.  Given how easy it is to level toons, I suggest simply leveling them both and deciding once 50 which has seemed to grow on you the most.

Alternatively if you're unsure how they'd be to 50, hop on to the beta server .  You can instant 50 a toon giving it all the best enhancements and stuff for free and then test it out on some missions of your choosing from there too.

When it comes to concept toons, the driver(you) really are the subjective judge of what is going to work .  

That all said, I think too for your concept considerations, Bionics sentinel suggestion would be a more conceptual match for a deathstroke.

On 6/22/2024 at 11:19 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

I also think you could make a very good Deathstroke with Assault Rifle/Ninjitsu/Weapon Mastery Sentinel.

For Taskmaster, I wish you could do Arrow/Shield or Shield/Arrow but nothing like that exists.  I guess the closest is to make MA/Shield/Weapon Scrapper or Stalker and get the bow & arrow temp power.

Taskmaster could be a BSword/Shield/Weapon Scrapper. Taskmaster uses a wide variety of weapons, but he's almost always depicted carrying a medieval type sword. Not quite as big as what this game has, but you can change the look to suit the style better.

In fact, I think I might do that. I've been wanting to make a Praetorian and I hate making squishes over there since a lot of enemies tend to be tougher than in the rest of the game. 

Edited by Cheveyo

I made a character for similar reasons. However, I made a Dual Pistols/Invulnerability/Ninja Tool Mastery Sentinel. She can usually wade through most mobs doing damage in melee range with both pistols and a ninja sword without much concern for her survival. Invulnerability makes her very tanky.

• Like 1