The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Come one, come all, please join us in beta testing Issue 28, Page 1.

Very disappointed that Homecoming has slapped random costume pieces onto the warriors, if you want to update then high rez the models, add additional mobs or make your own faction, they look fudging awful and is akin to vandalism to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Jaguaratron said:

Very disappointed that Homecoming has slapped random costume pieces onto the warriors, if you want to update then high rez the models, add additional mobs or make your own faction, they look fudging awful and is akin to vandalism to me.

Really? There are a number of unique items added to the Warriors to distinguish them further from the previous generic costumes. Many have unique vambraces, tattoos with the Legionnaire logo, unique faces, unique belts, unique jeans. There are a mix of normal costume pieces for the lower tier Warriors and an obvious design influence from the movie that inspired the enemy group. 

As for high resolution models, you're setting your expectations far beyond what a twenty year old video game can achieve. The Homecoming Developers have the same game engine constraints as the legacy developers did back on live.

image.thumb.jpeg.f76c48b6e29cfc27d5facf689f3c8839.jpeg

On 7/6/2024 at 6:57 PM, Glacier Peak said:

An entire new zone, new end game raid experience, new enemies, revamped warriors, new powerset, new Aether costume rewards, new mini-pets, new badges, new accolades powers, new powerset customization options (especially teleport!), new costume auras, new entity in Pocket D, and various power and zone bug fixes...

Well you can't please everyone 😆

New costume rewards are good. Mini-pets.. I suppose there's a demand for those. Though if I get no power from a badge I don't need no stinking badges the collection of such is entertainment for many others. The accolade powers.. are they of any use anywhere else outside of the Labrynth? (I see a new popup tray appears that I haven't figured out how to remove if possible). Auras are good, too; goes along with costumes I like creating piece by piece (I was never into whole costumes that cannot be mixed/matched; I prefer pieces/parts to explore my own imagination). I've run around the Labrynth myself for a few hours. Thought I might actually benifit from the 2 incarnate shifts I've had forever without much content to challenge them. Well.. nope; only the 1 level shift is in effect to start off the Labrynth. When you gain an extra shift so do the enemies.. what's the point then of gaining level shifts? Labrynth is interesting for being new. Unbound level shift inspirations are nice.. I'll sell those when I find 'em (will they work in other areas?) I can skip the costumes. Points.. that's what I want. Xp, Influence, Prismatics, Aethers, Reward Merits, salvage quantities.. ya get those anywhere. Challenge.. want that too. Sure Labrynth is challenging. You'll never get better at fighting through it. Power you gain is also gained by the mobs. Having said all that.. I will be going back in. The tanker I took did manage to solo the first mob I came across after a 20 minute fight.. won't be doing that again. I'll be running past everything looking to stack up collections of the few loot drop types that actually do something. Anyway.. fantastic work, Homecomming; really. You've made something that will entertain many. Myself.. I still don't need no stinking badges 🙂

Oh.. while I'm thinking of what appeals to me lemmie mention again: Hey.. attach some Reward Merits to Devs' Choice AE arcs! There's some great imaginations out there. The lack of even 3 to 5 Reward Merits in AE arcs is what keeps me from exploring the creations of others.

On 7/23/2024 at 4:48 PM, Jaguaratron said:

I can't believe I'm going to ask this, but did you take a look at them when they were on brainstorm - you know, before it was published to the rest of the servers? I thought some of them looked pretty decent, although I'm no authority on what looks good. Most of the costume contest winners I see look just ...plain or even bad. But then I just every costume through the silver age lens. 

I know - getting on brainstorm to check things out seems like a waste of time for some folks. But letting the folks with the power know before it hits is better than letting them know after. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viaria said:

The accolade powers.. are they of any use anywhere else outside of the Labrynth? (I see a new popup tray appears that I haven't figured out how to remove if possible).

Those temp powers you get in the Labyrinth are very important to succeeding in the Labyrinth.   I don't think there's a way to stop the popup, you'd have to setup a bind or something