The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Bi-form PB but with squid instead of lobster?

Wondering if this could work and whats the downside? I just like the idea of using nova and human form instead of dwarf for extra AOE dmg just sounded fun to break up the meta. I like having glowing touch for low level stuff its just fun to have incase a blaster gets too happy or something and id really like pickup quantum shield just for aesthetics to toggle on while hanging out at AP or for CCs but i guess i could always switch builds for that. Anyone have a build idea for this or is it just a stupid idea?

Edited by NastygenV

• 2 weeks later

It's been a long time since I played Peacebringer, but not at all long for Warshade... but something immediately comes to mind is that the Nova form attacks are essentially "formulized" to be low-level attacks, because of the level that the Nova form can be chosen. Slotting those attacks isn't radically different that having and slotting a whole lot of T1/T2/T3 attacks. The Kheldians are pretty good in the level 4-14 range because the Nova form gives 4 (plus one) ranged attacks... but after level 16 or so, the utility of simply having a lot of relatively weak attacks falls off.

As for theory-crafting a build, the question as I see it is: What can slotting the Nova form powers do for the Human form? There are limited options... the most variety is in the Nova form power itself, otherwise it's ranged ST/AoE or ATO sets, modulo secondary effects like KB, whatever, for set bonuses. In contrast: the Dwarf form is at a higher level (so closer to the "nuke" tier of powers) so when they get enhanced, the enhancements go farther... plus there is the whole "get outta mez free" reason to have a Dwarf. Plus, the Dwarf forms can have more slotting variety.

On 7/10/2024 at 11:11 AM, Thousand said:

Wondering if this could work and whats the downside?

It does work, and no downside.  If you want damage that is.

A lot of people do not realize or refuse to believe is that there are different base damage values to Human, Nova and Dwarf attacks.

Nova form attacks have high base values

Human form attacks have medium base values

Dwarf form attacks have low base values

And lastly, if the attacks are similar in name and function, they can still be vastly different.  Warshades Cone Attacks are a prime example of this.  Nova has high damage, no knockback, no stun.  Human has low damage, high chance for knockback, and stun.  Your extracted essence's cone is also similar in name, but is all damage like Nova's

What does this mean?

Your Human Form Solar Flare will always hit harder than Dwarf Solar Flare

And your Nova Detonation will always hit harder than Human Detonation

From my own personal experience with both my first set of khelds I went above and beyond for their builds.  Even as low as level 15 I can cycle Nova Eye and Nova Blast.  Nova bolt is a mule.  And that was by accident.

On 5/21/2024 at 11:20 PM, kelika2 said:

I am Nova form most of the time.  Human form is for utility and some nukes/aoes.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

• 1 month later
On 7/10/2024 at 9:11 AM, Thousand said:

Wondering if this could work and whats the downside?

You'll have good damage, lots of slots to spread across forms, and you can be tough once you get Light Form because the resist carries into Squid.

Plus what Kelika2 said, minus the Warshade stuff.

The downside is no mez protection. It's great being able to switch to Dwarf when you get held or stunned.