No jump badge for Lambda

Fanta

• 4 weeks later

So, of course, I googled the name - just now. At first, I was in my head, thinking, "Sheesh, another popular reference that everyone but me will grasp right away." 

I completely get that my life experiences and perspective are different from everyone else's. But Sound of Music hits a sore spot for me. It was my ex-wife's favorite musical, and I had to bite my tongue every time she would watch it, because I found it the most ridiculous thing next to Sweeney Todd, arguably, the greatest comedy of all time. You really should all watch Sweeney Todd. It changed my life. 

This notion that Hollywood and other performers would break out in song to tell a story instead of simply speaking...it's just too silly for me to appreciate. To this day, I have yet to be able to watch the entire film. It's just that awful for me. I can appreciate the story - but I cannot appreciate the music. And because they chose to cram that stuff into the film, just no. 

A very easy NO to Sound of Music references please. 

• Haha 1

On 8/17/2024 at 4:03 AM, Fanta said:

Just wow ! How high are you? How did we go from asking for a no jump badge to this?  Don't do drugs kids

lol, it's your fault. You brought up the LVT reference, not me. Anything associated with Sound of Music is an easy, quick, emphatic No thanks!

On 8/16/2024 at 6:24 AM, Ukase said:

So, of course, I googled the name - just now. At first, I was in my head, thinking, "Sheesh, another popular reference that everyone but me will grasp right away." 

I completely get that my life experiences and perspective are different from everyone else's. But Sound of Music hits a sore spot for me. It was my ex-wife's favorite musical, and I had to bite my tongue every time she would watch it, because I found it the most ridiculous thing next to Sweeney Todd, arguably, the greatest comedy of all time. You really should all watch Sweeney Todd. It changed my life. 

This notion that Hollywood and other performers would break out in song to tell a story instead of simply speaking...it's just too silly for me to appreciate. To this day, I have yet to be able to watch the entire film. It's just that awful for me. I can appreciate the story - but I cannot appreciate the music. And because they chose to cram that stuff into the film, just no. 

A very easy NO to Sound of Music references please. 

You havent suffered through unlife until you get stuck in a high school production of Oklahoma.   Really tempts you to find the nearest group of hunters and ask for sweet relief 

• Like 1