The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

what's the typical beta testing cycle for powersets?

i'm peeing my pants waiting for the Marine Affinity set to roll to live servers so i can play it! I've been playing it on beta, but i don't get overly invested in testing it a lot because i want it to feel fresh when i play it live. 

What's the ballpark testing time on powersets moving from Beta to live? i just saw the beta update today saying "release candidate 1" 

is this a process that is days, weeks, months on average? any insight? i tried googling this bfore posting but couldn't find timelines in my results. 

14 hours ago, supersonick said:

What's the ballpark testing time on powersets moving from Beta to live?

There isn't one.

It will go to live when it's ready.

Having it on open Beta is a good sign though. Just understand that some open Beta items do not always make it to live.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

5 hours ago, Troo said:

Just understand that some open Beta items do not always make it to live.

That's pretty rare for a major feature though.  By this time, Marine Affinity has been through the Experimental (Alpha) and Closed Beta Phases and is uncontroversially going through the the Open Beta phase.  There's still fine tuning in progress, but there's no evidence that it's broken or over-/under-powered or otherwise requires significant rework.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

21 hours ago, supersonick said:

i'm peeing my pants waiting for the Marine Affinity set to roll to live servers so i can play it! I've been playing it on beta, but i don't get overly invested in testing it a lot because i want it to feel fresh when i play it live. 

What's the ballpark testing time on powersets moving from Beta to live? i just saw the beta update today saying "release candidate 1" 

is this a process that is days, weeks, months on average? any insight? i tried googling this bfore posting but couldn't find timelines in my results. 

Ehhh about 3 weeks to as long as 4 months if OB happens to land on a holiday.

Remember it's not just the set being tested, it's an entire page. That naturally means there could be any number of things that hold it back from launching early, or in the timeframe I listed. Doesn't seem like that'll be the case though. Normally I don't disclose anything from the Closed Beta but I know they want it out before August.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

7 minutes ago, Seed22 said:

Ehhh about 3 weeks to as long as 4 months if OB happens to land on a holiday.

Remember it's not just the set being tested, it's an entire page. That naturally means there could be any number of things that hold it back from launching early, or in the timeframe I listed. Doesn't seem like that'll be the case though. Normally I don't disclose anything from the Closed Beta but I know they want it out before August.

thanks. i'm just dying to play it. i love ice/water power stuff across all super hero stuff so MA is like... the dream set for my defender. i've played it just a little bit in open beta and it's so so so so so sooooo fun! ugh. can't wait!