Theorycrafting pets, damage and procs

BGSacho

On 7/8/2019 at 3:03 AM, Soulstinger said:

Regarding Lady Grey's damage proc in Necromancy's Knights; wouldnt Achilis'Heel -resist proc be better overall?

For people grappling with this question, which is going to be similar for Thug's Enforcers, Merc's etc.        The min/max solution is carry lots of Enhancement Unslotter salvage.      Against trash mobs, and especially if soloing you want the Dmg procs.   But against hard AV/GM targets' especially if teaming then you want to swap out for Achilles -Res.      Just be sure to dismiss and resummon after swapping, otherwise the new ehancement won't take effect.   

Taking advantage of the mechanics of the  change not taking effect until you resummon.......a trick I use on fast moving teams is to swap the proc out on the way to the GM fight, then all I have to do is resummon, and rebuff instead of fumbling out around with enhancements....

• 1 year later

Thanks to who all helped in this thread. I was looking for any way to make my Beam/Traps Mortar and Shield Drone a bit more rugged.

Since I didn't want to yet sacrifice my pimped out build, I went ahead and made a second build. I then went and did the patron power pool arc, then finished that and respec'd. I dropped 2 +res and 1 +def in the patron pet (mistress, because why not!) and now my acid mortar and shield drone have a bit more toughness to them. The extra resistance and defense is there regardless of whether my other pet is out or not. I can have her be the mule for my mortar and drone as they pull quite a bit of aggro when I play. I imagine this also works for the gun drone for devices players, but it recently got a buff because of how fragile it is. It is already a pet, I think.

I think traps is the only support set where the powers show up as pets yet can't be slotted as them, so my situation is fairly unique. 

Edited by arkieboy72472