The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Looking For A Water/Regen Build

Greeting's;

I am White Rabbit. And I am seeking out a Water/Regen Sentinel style build. Something I can maybe and possibly solo with. Or use the same build to group together with. Must have water bolts. And I hear that Hydro takes to long or something to that fact. Maybe somebody can elaborate on that one. And if possible, cheap build. I played a build of this structure. Now I cannot find any build for Water/Regen at all. If anybody can assist me as soon as possible. I would be most appreciative. And thank you quickly in advance.

White Rabbit

Hello,

I have a fully incarnate Water/Regen Sentinel (Vet 40) to date, I have not seen another on the Excelsior Server.  Generally, I lean towards Conceptual off Meta builds. That said I have no idea how to export a build file for your review, but I can discuss the "concepts" employed and how it plays.  In testing this build concept works well.  +4 Radios/DA/ITF/ Etc. all fine   You can lead a +4/8 crew and take initial aggro, you just cant stand in it.   AV's with nukes will kill you unless you pop Moment of Glory.  Even if you dont Second Wind is there for you.  I soloed this in Moth Cemetary and it is a little tough but manageable.  Duo in +4/8 Radios went well with some fights requiring small pulls and kiting.  Not a tank by any means, not even Tanky.  But gets the nod as my most exciting build to play (when in the mood for thrill seeking)

On the Primary side, you picked  Water - an excellent one and my go to!  Build and slotting Water is easy - simply pick 5 to 8 of the powers you want/need and slot them as best you can based on your budget.  Entropic Chaos and Annihilation are my two personal low cost favourites for 1 to 50  Most droppable skills in order are Hydro Blast, Water Blast,  Dehydrate, Whilrpool.  However for REGEN I would keep Dehydrate and if you need to drop a 3rd Primary, go with Whirlpool. (this will be explained).  How many Primary skills you select will depend on how much utlity/mitigation you want down the road.   

IF you take Hasten (which you probably should) you can spam Aquabolt/Water Jet all day long as needed in between Guyser, Steam Spray, and Dehydrate.  These six skills will never leave you wanting another attack.

The big question/challenge is what to do with Regeneration as your Secondary.  I have yet to read a post in which the writer stated that they LOVED Regeneration.  So let me be the first.  As a CONCEPT build, it's awesome.  No, its not OP - its about as far away from Min/Max builds as you are going to get.  Instead, what it provides is a uniquely exciting playstyle.  you will need to monintor your health like a mother hen whille your health bar ping pongs up and down as you cheat death by the skin of your teeth over and over again.  Simply put,  if you like heart pounding action  - Regen delivers.

Regen Plays best in Skirmisher mode - a hit and run style of play where you are constantly moving back and forth to launch your attacks absorb the reprisal and fall back as needed to heal up.  And to this end, I went with as much Health and Regen in the build as I could - and this includes the tertiary skills as well.  I fully leaned into Regeneration as the entire focus of the build  it includes the following.

5 x 4 Numina (includding 4 slots in Health)

1x6 Panacea

1x6 Preventattive

1x5 Theft of Essence.

That is 37 Slots for Green Heals.  If budget does not permit, Miracle can be subbed in.  The other heal sets can also be used - play around a bit.  The point  is how many slots you dedicate to the concept 37! is seroious dedication - Wolverine class Regen and Healting.

To push this further I took Field Medic and Destiny Rebirth -which heals for 1500+ to team (with Field Medic)  Resurgance does 700+ to self and Aid Self does 400+  Its fun to be able to heal yourself from near death to back to full with a click or two.

So what about Resistance and Defense?  Well, 6 slots in Resilence with all the uniques. and 6 slots in Moment of Glory with all the uniques.  Fill in for preference.  

If you take Hasten/Hover (basically mandatory)  and  7 Primary you have three powers left  or 4 if you drop Whirlpool - which I am honestly 50/50 on.  Whirlpool is nice to see and impressive - doees good damage over time, but its a slow cast and just doesn't fit with the skrimisher play style.  (note I did not drop it but will in my next respec to see If I will miss it)

What to do with these 3 or 4 slots is how you round out your build and there are lots of good options.  The one I am looking most closely at is the combo of Stealth, Infiltration and Phase Shift.  PS is an ability I just started playing around with as a way to deal with T9 secondary Crashes (like Overload), but it fits perfectly with a  REGEN build where you need to buy time.  I also particularly like that Inflitration can be slotted with Gamblers.  (My next Sentinel will be a Storm Regen featuring Phase Shift- going to drop Storm EA). Also of course Kick/Tough/Weave or Spirit Ward/Mflight/RoP.  Even Fire Cages/ Char/Warmth works.

The Medicine set also has to be considered VERY optional here, it was at the time an experiment.  I stuck with it because it is fun, but with my Storm Regen I wont take it and instead will likely exchange it for Kick/Tough/Weave so I can slot 5 Gambler Recharges and have a ittle more Resitance Defense vs. more Healing power.

Summary: to Level 50

6 or 7 Primary Set - slot as budget allows.

9 Secondary Set - Slotted with Healing Sets amap and a 5 or 6 slots in Moment of Glory/Resilence

Hover, Hasten

3  powers in 2 of these Sorcery/Fighting/Concealment/Fire Mastery/Medicine

There is leeway in how to finish this and some personal custimization to round out the final one or two powers.

IF you get to 50 and beyond.  Destiny/Rebirth,  Judgment/Cryonic (buying time).  Hybrid Assault. Interface  (choose a defensive one).  As for Alpha, This will depend on what you lack most.  I chose Muscle for the damage but Agility would be my second choice.

Good luck, would love to hear how it all goes for you.

Edited by Exqzr984
Spelling

My Sentinels: 108 Wat/SR.  90 Wat/Reg,. 68 DP/Dark. 63 Ar/Nin, 62 Rad/EA, 53 Ice/Stone, 53 En/EA.  50 Dark/Rad.  49 Psy/Will.  25 Storm/EA

I don't have a full build for a water/regen sent, but I do have a L50 incarnate storm blast/regen (sb/regen), so I can give some advice on regen. For water blast the advice Exqzr984 is on target, you basically want to have water jet up as often as possible for single target and geyser up as often as possible for AoE, with one or two of the other 3 aoe's filling in the time when geyser is down. With a good recharge build you can likely have whirlpool+steam spray/water burst to fill in the gaps.

Sentinel regeneration has 3 good main powers (reconstruction, Instant Regeneration and Integration) and some support powers that range from great(quick recovery) to ok (dismiss pain and resilience). Unlike melee regen it is not a clickly set, you only have the one heal so you either need to do a lot of hit and run (as Exqzr984 recommended) and/or build in some extras. First lets look at the 3 main powers:

Reconstruction: A decent heal, you want it up as often as possible and to max out the heal. Any of the heal sets would work here, depending your build goals. I slotted preventative medicine on my SB/Regen for the global recharge and the absorb proc (which is a nice emergency save that kicks in when you hp are low).
Instant Regeneration: Your first core power, it generates an absorb shield tick every 2-3 seconds (maybe? not sure). You can stack up to 5-6 ticks at a time. At level 50 fully slotted I was seeing 95 hp per tick for a total of 475 hp. As long as you max out the healing, it doesn't matter what you slot here. I put a set of panacea in mine for the global recharge, it also give you a steady heal tick and end boost from the proc.
Integration: Your  main regen power, slot it up for max heal. I put 3 numina's in it for the +hp and +regen.

The support power that are worth taking:

Quick Recovery: a full blue bar is a good thing, 1-2 slots for an end enhancement and possibly a Perf Shifter +end proc is all you need
Dismiss Pain: A boost to your max HP. This is a GOOD thing, because the more hp you have the more you get out of your regen. I put 2 L50 heal IO's here to get the max out of it.
Resilience: Not really a great power, but still worth taking, 8.75% resistance is not a lot but it make a great mule for resistance uniques like Steadfast prot +DEF. That is what I put in my sb/regen. Unless you have a ton of extra slots it really isn't worth adding any more. Even fully slotted out for resistance you are only going to pick up 4% more resistance.
Fast Healing: An ok boost to your regen, although nothing on integration. Its worth taking, but I wouldn't add more than 1 extra slot to it, if that. 1-2 L50 heal IO's will give you the most bang for your buck here.

Ok, the next thing to look at is build goals. Other than the recharge you need for your attacks there are 3-4 things you can focus on:

DEF: DEF is usually king, as not getting hit trumps resistance, regen or healing. The problem here is that with no base def to build upon and no def debuf resistance, focusing on DEF in your build is going to cost you a lot more than it is worth. If you can fit the fighting pool in your build, its worth taking weave and slotting the two +DEF unique's (Steadfast Protection and Gladiator's armor). Slotting all 6 pieces of the Sentinel Archetype sets will pick you up 5% E/NE, 5% Melee, 2.5% ranged and 2.5% S/L def plus you get the other benefits of the sets (10% recharge and 7.5% range boost per set are nice bennies). Slotting up tough with a 4 piece Unbreakable guard set will get you 3.13% melee. That doesn't give you a lot of def, but it is enough to take some of the edge off, avoid a few hits and buffer your absorb/regen.

Resistance: You do have a small RES base (about 10% to all with a single slot) and can add in tough for another 15% to S/L. If you can afford purple sets most of them give you fire/cold resistance as well. There are a lot of other small res bonsus you can get from other sets that might be worth pursuing as long as they give you other bennies (usually recharge).

Regen: There are a lot of 10% or so regen bonuses out there (LoTG, Numina's, etc) and while you can stack a few of those up they really only add a small amount compared to integration+fast healing. So don't focus on it but take it when you can get it.

HP: Here is the best boost you can get. HP multiply your healing, where regen boost just add to it. Slot as many +HP sets and uniques as you can without sacrificing recharge or slotting. The Unbreakable Guard +HP unique, Numina's and LoTG are just a few of the HP boosts you can get.

While boosting your regen is nice, you already start with a lot of it. Your goals should be recharge, to get your damage powers and your heal up as often as possible, followed by HP, to give your healing a mulitplicative boost, with just enough investing in resistance and defense to take the edge off the incoming damage. Here is my SB/Regen build as an example:

MonsoonThunderCurrentL50.mbd

I managed to stack a small mount of DEF, primarily focusing on melee since even with range boosts I need to be in fairly close for all my AoE's. For my Ancilliarly/Epic pool I went with electricity mastery, mostly to stay in theme and for chain fences, as storm blast tends to scatter things a lot when you get going. Otherwise I focused on recharge, resistance and +HP (since you almost always get +regen in the same set as +HP, I didn't really focus on that, I just picked it up on the way).

Edited by Midnight Mystique

• 2 weeks later
On 7/27/2024 at 7:54 PM, Exqzr984 said:

Hello,

I have a fully incarnate Water/Regen Sentinel (Vet 40) to date, I have not seen another on the Excelsior Server.  Generally, I lean towards Conceptual off Meta builds. That said I have no idea how to export a build file for your review, but I can discuss the "concepts" employed and how it plays.  In testing this build concept works well.  +4 Radios/DA/ITF/ Etc. all fine   You can lead a +4/8 crew and take initial aggro, you just cant stand in it.   AV's with nukes will kill you unless you pop Moment of Glory.  Even if you dont Second Wind is there for you.  I soloed this in Moth Cemetary and it is a little tough but manageable.  Duo in +4/8 Radios went well with some fights requiring small pulls and kiting.  Not a tank by any means, not even Tanky.  But gets the nod as my most exciting build to play (when in the mood for thrill seeking)

On the Primary side, you picked  Water - an excellent one and my go to!  Build and slotting Water is easy - simply pick 5 to 8 of the powers you want/need and slot them as best you can based on your budget.  Entropic Chaos and Annihilation are my two personal low cost favourites for 1 to 50  Most droppable skills in order are Hydro Blast, Water Blast,  Dehydrate, Whilrpool.  However for REGEN I would keep Dehydrate and if you need to drop a 3rd Primary, go with Whirlpool. (this will be explained).  How many Primary skills you select will depend on how much utlity/mitigation you want down the road.   

IF you take Hasten (which you probably should) you can spam Aquabolt/Water Jet all day long as needed in between Guyser, Steam Spray, and Dehydrate.  These six skills will never leave you wanting another attack.

The big question/challenge is what to do with Regeneration as your Secondary.  I have yet to read a post in which the writer stated that they LOVED Regeneration.  So let me be the first.  As a CONCEPT build, it's awesome.  No, its not OP - its about as far away from Min/Max builds as you are going to get.  Instead, what it provides is a uniquely exciting playstyle.  you will need to monintor your health like a mother hen whille your health bar ping pongs up and down as you cheat death by the skin of your teeth over and over again.  Simply put,  if you like heart pounding action  - Regen delivers.

Regen Plays best in Skirmisher mode - a hit and run style of play where you are constantly moving back and forth to launch your attacks absorb the reprisal and fall back as needed to heal up.  And to this end, I went with as much Health and Regen in the build as I could - and this includes the tertiary skills as well.  I fully leaned into Regeneration as the entire focus of the build  it includes the following.

5 x 4 Numina (includding 4 slots in Health)

1x6 Panacea

1x6 Preventattive

1x5 Theft of Essence.

That is 37 Slots for Green Heals.  If budget does not permit, Miracle can be subbed in.  The other heal sets can also be used - play around a bit.  The point  is how many slots you dedicate to the concept 37! is seroious dedication - Wolverine class Regen and Healting.

To push this further I took Field Medic and Destiny Rebirth -which heals for 1500+ to team (with Field Medic)  Resurgance does 700+ to self and Aid Self does 400+  Its fun to be able to heal yourself from near death to back to full with a click or two.

So what about Resistance and Defense?  Well, 6 slots in Resilence with all the uniques. and 6 slots in Moment of Glory with all the uniques.  Fill in for preference.  

If you take Hasten/Hover (basically mandatory)  and  7 Primary you have three powers left  or 4 if you drop Whirlpool - which I am honestly 50/50 on.  Whirlpool is nice to see and impressive - doees good damage over time, but its a slow cast and just doesn't fit with the skrimisher play style.  (note I did not drop it but will in my next respec to see If I will miss it)

What to do with these 3 or 4 slots is how you round out your build and there are lots of good options.  The one I am looking most closely at is the combo of Stealth, Infiltration and Phase Shift.  PS is an ability I just started playing around with as a way to deal with T9 secondary Crashes (like Overload), but it fits perfectly with a  REGEN build where you need to buy time.  I also particularly like that Inflitration can be slotted with Gamblers.  (My next Sentinel will be a Storm Regen featuring Phase Shift- going to drop Storm EA). Also of course Kick/Tough/Weave or Spirit Ward/Mflight/RoP.  Even Fire Cages/ Char/Warmth works.

The Medicine set also has to be considered VERY optional here, it was at the time an experiment.  I stuck with it because it is fun, but with my Storm Regen I wont take it and instead will likely exchange it for Kick/Tough/Weave so I can slot 5 Gambler Recharges and have a ittle more Resitance Defense vs. more Healing power.

Summary: to Level 50

6 or 7 Primary Set - slot as budget allows.

9 Secondary Set - Slotted with Healing Sets amap and a 5 or 6 slots in Moment of Glory/Resilence

Hover, Hasten

3  powers in 2 of these Sorcery/Fighting/Concealment/Fire Mastery/Medicine

There is leeway in how to finish this and some personal custimization to round out the final one or two powers.

IF you get to 50 and beyond.  Destiny/Rebirth,  Judgment/Cryonic (buying time).  Hybrid Assault. Interface  (choose a defensive one).  As for Alpha, This will depend on what you lack most.  I chose Muscle for the damage but Agility would be my second choice.

Good luck, would love to hear how it all goes for you.

I'm not too good with builds. Reason why I am asking for any builds based on Water/Regen. LOL

On 7/29/2024 at 4:30 PM, Midnight Mystique said:

I don't have a full build for a water/regen sent, but I do have a L50 incarnate storm blast/regen (sb/regen), so I can give some advice on regen. For water blast the advice Exqzr984 is on target, you basically want to have water jet up as often as possible for single target and geyser up as often as possible for AoE, with one or two of the other 3 aoe's filling in the time when geyser is down. With a good recharge build you can likely have whirlpool+steam spray/water burst to fill in the gaps.

Sentinel regeneration has 3 good main powers (reconstruction, Instant Regeneration and Integration) and some support powers that range from great(quick recovery) to ok (dismiss pain and resilience). Unlike melee regen it is not a clickly set, you only have the one heal so you either need to do a lot of hit and run (as Exqzr984 recommended) and/or build in some extras. First lets look at the 3 main powers:

Reconstruction: A decent heal, you want it up as often as possible and to max out the heal. Any of the heal sets would work here, depending your build goals. I slotted preventative medicine on my SB/Regen for the global recharge and the absorb proc (which is a nice emergency save that kicks in when you hp are low).
Instant Regeneration: Your first core power, it generates an absorb shield tick every 2-3 seconds (maybe? not sure). You can stack up to 5-6 ticks at a time. At level 50 fully slotted I was seeing 95 hp per tick for a total of 475 hp. As long as you max out the healing, it doesn't matter what you slot here. I put a set of panacea in mine for the global recharge, it also give you a steady heal tick and end boost from the proc.
Integration: Your  main regen power, slot it up for max heal. I put 3 numina's in it for the +hp and +regen.

The support power that are worth taking:

Quick Recovery: a full blue bar is a good thing, 1-2 slots for an end enhancement and possibly a Perf Shifter +end proc is all you need
Dismiss Pain: A boost to your max HP. This is a GOOD thing, because the more hp you have the more you get out of your regen. I put 2 L50 heal IO's here to get the max out of it.
Resilience: Not really a great power, but still worth taking, 8.75% resistance is not a lot but it make a great mule for resistance uniques like Steadfast prot +DEF. That is what I put in my sb/regen. Unless you have a ton of extra slots it really isn't worth adding any more. Even fully slotted out for resistance you are only going to pick up 4% more resistance.
Fast Healing: An ok boost to your regen, although nothing on integration. Its worth taking, but I wouldn't add more than 1 extra slot to it, if that. 1-2 L50 heal IO's will give you the most bang for your buck here.

Ok, the next thing to look at is build goals. Other than the recharge you need for your attacks there are 3-4 things you can focus on:

DEF: DEF is usually king, as not getting hit trumps resistance, regen or healing. The problem here is that with no base def to build upon and no def debuf resistance, focusing on DEF in your build is going to cost you a lot more than it is worth. If you can fit the fighting pool in your build, its worth taking weave and slotting the two +DEF unique's (Steadfast Protection and Gladiator's armor). Slotting all 6 pieces of the Sentinel Archetype sets will pick you up 5% E/NE, 5% Melee, 2.5% ranged and 2.5% S/L def plus you get the other benefits of the sets (10% recharge and 7.5% range boost per set are nice bennies). Slotting up tough with a 4 piece Unbreakable guard set will get you 3.13% melee. That doesn't give you a lot of def, but it is enough to take some of the edge off, avoid a few hits and buffer your absorb/regen.

Resistance: You do have a small RES base (about 10% to all with a single slot) and can add in tough for another 15% to S/L. If you can afford purple sets most of them give you fire/cold resistance as well. There are a lot of other small res bonsus you can get from other sets that might be worth pursuing as long as they give you other bennies (usually recharge).

Regen: There are a lot of 10% or so regen bonuses out there (LoTG, Numina's, etc) and while you can stack a few of those up they really only add a small amount compared to integration+fast healing. So don't focus on it but take it when you can get it.

HP: Here is the best boost you can get. HP multiply your healing, where regen boost just add to it. Slot as many +HP sets and uniques as you can without sacrificing recharge or slotting. The Unbreakable Guard +HP unique, Numina's and LoTG are just a few of the HP boosts you can get.

While boosting your regen is nice, you already start with a lot of it. Your goals should be recharge, to get your damage powers and your heal up as often as possible, followed by HP, to give your healing a mulitplicative boost, with just enough investing in resistance and defense to take the edge off the incoming damage. Here is my SB/Regen build as an example:

MonsoonThunderCurrentL50.mbd 46.29 kB · 19 downloads

I managed to stack a small mount of DEF, primarily focusing on melee since even with range boosts I need to be in fairly close for all my AoE's. For my Ancilliarly/Epic pool I went with electricity mastery, mostly to stay in theme and for chain fences, as storm blast tends to scatter things a lot when you get going. Otherwise I focused on recharge, resistance and +HP (since you almost always get +regen in the same set as +HP, I didn't really focus on that, I just picked it up on the way).

TY. But as I said above. Builds are not my forte. Using them is more likely. LOL