The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Staff fighting suggestion

When I used mercurial blow, prescise strike and guarded spin, I must have a target in front of me to execute it.

Why does Eye of the Storm execute with no target? I find this can be annoying if I accidently click on it and the target has run away. It will execute then I have to wait for it to recharge. I would suggest that you need to have a target near you to execute it.

• Thumbs Down 2

There are players that I've seen that use Eye of the Storm as part of their RP or just to pass time while waiting for something. Your proposal will take that away from them. Further, Eye of the Storm is not unique in being a PBAoE that players can use even without enemies to fight. Are you also going to propose those be changed to require enemies too?

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, dbb1985 said:

Why does Eye of the Storm execute with no target?

It does have a target.  You.  When you activate a PBAoE, the power checks the target (you), verifies that you're not in a defeated state, and proceeds to the hit roll phase.  That's how PBAoEs work in this game, and they work that way so the AoE is always centered on your character.  That's what makes them Point Blank Area of Effect powers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

As an option, sure.

There may be other niche uses you'd be taking away, such as activating them when something is spawning in or resurrecting itself and is otherwise un-targetable.

Edited by megaericzero