The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

DP/TM

WuTang

I've chased my tail enough with this one. Need some fresh eyes on it PLEASE!

I was trying to incorporate the Experimentation pool because I want Jaunt from Speed of Sound. I found a build someone posted a while back that was close to what I wanted to do and so I went to work on it. But....stupid Hail of Bullets messed me up; didn't realize there was a 5 sec Def buff, so I thought I was all good on defenses but no...I was not. So I reworked it to where it is now, but I don't think I like it. I didn't really want to need Barrier just to soft cap Range. Also my mez protection is a little lack luster but I've gotten accustomed to popping the lil purple pills on others so that might be alright. I've never played with Time on anything, but it looks cool, and Corruptors are my new flavor of the month. Aaaaaand, I came up with a cool time traveling 1930's noir PI theme that plays into it well.

Any who...any help would be appreciated!

Corruptor (Dual Pistols - Time Manipulation)-2.mbd

Corr-DP-TM.JPG

Edited by WuTang
added pic

When playing anything Time Manip don’t forget that Times Juncture is 12-15% -ToHit (don’t recall offhand for Corr) and that is effectively the same as +DEF.  So you can effectively “softcap” melee defenses and others when staying inside melee range.  And personally I think DP wants to be in melee.

• Thanks 1

Another question.... So, in my build I dipped into the Experimentation pool, and I've taken Corrosive Vial. I originally had it proc'd out with 2 res debuffs and 3 damage procs, but I got to wondering if it worked that way. So, am I wrong or right, because I don't think the damage procs will work, maybe not even the res debuffs... So, I've retooled 2 different ways. 

1. I swapped Corrosive Vial for Distortion Field and slotted it with 5 pieces of Unbreakable Constraint

2. I kept Corrosive vial, removed the 3 damage procs, added one to Chrono Shift to increase its healing and get it to 100% perma, added one slot to Combat Jumping and slotted it with Scaling Resist, and the last slot went to Hail of Bullets for a second damage proc.

So, Corrosive Vial better than Distortion Field in my case?

Thanks!

-WT

1 hour ago, WuTang said:

I swapped Corrosive Vial for Distortion Field and slotted it with 5 pieces of Unbreakable Constraint

I've never taken Corrosive Vial so I can't speak to that, but Distortion Field is primarily a slow, not a hold. Distortion Field is a location AoE with a 45s duration. The -speed/-jump/-recharge is autohit for the entire duration, but the hold has a 2% chance to occur every 1s. Slotting with Unbreakable Constraint would be a waste (other than the set bonuses). Distortion Field works fine with 1 slow or recharge IO in the base slot (or 2 slots with one of each). It does accept %dmg procs, but the results aren't great.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WuTang said:

Another question.... So, in my build I dipped into the Experimentation pool, and I've taken Corrosive Vial. I originally had it proc'd out with 2 res debuffs and 3 damage procs, but I got to wondering if it worked that way. So, am I wrong or right, because I don't think the damage procs will work, maybe not even the res debuffs... So, I've retooled 2 different ways. 

1. I swapped Corrosive Vial for Distortion Field and slotted it with 5 pieces of Unbreakable Constraint

2. I kept Corrosive vial, removed the 3 damage procs, added one to Chrono Shift to increase its healing and get it to 100% perma, added one slot to Combat Jumping and slotted it with Scaling Resist, and the last slot went to Hail of Bullets for a second damage proc.

So, Corrosive Vial better than Distortion Field in my case?

Thanks!

-WT

Distortion Field with 5 unbreakables for the recharge bonus is quite a common way to slot it, its either that or corrosive with 5 ragnaroks for the same bonus. I'd take distortion Field but only because corrosive vial only has an 8 foot radius and that generally sucks, while the field has a chance to hold stuff and has a much larger radius, even if it doesn't hold it'll slow stuff down.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Alrighty.... So.... Where to begin?

Got him to 50. Incarnates slotted: T3 Agility, T3 Destiny (Clarion atm), T3 Assault

Dilemma #1. Do I want to eat blue candies or purple pills? Ageless Core vs. Clarion Core

I hadn't run solo with this guy, so I wasn't sure if sappers were getting him in some cases when endurance would bottom out or if others' abilities were keeping the blue-bar blues at bay when I didn't see problems. So, I went out to the RWZ pylon dummies and went to work. Endurance in a longish fight will not hold up. The powers just cost too much. My endurance ratio is 2:1 recovery to use, which I thought would be enough once I got Mu Mastery:Power Sink, it is not. The recharge is 33 seconds, the cost is 16, and the return on one baddie is not enough. So, I'm leaning towards Ageless BUT wait...this is when I discovered....

Dilemma #2. I was so focused on my blue bar that I failed to realize that the pylon's green bar, the oh so important one, ya know, cause if it was a bad guy that'd be what I need to whittle away in order to "arrest" him....or her, yes I'd "arrest" a chick too, momma didn't raise no misogynist (not sure I used that right)! Sorry I digress, the green bar was NOT budging, nary a scratch had been made.

So now I think #2 is way worse than #1. Either I suck, very good possibility, the build sucks, still me sucking, or Dual Pistols doesn't do enough damage...even if you look like Neo doing it. I do see it at work all the time, people on the floor working their butt off but not getting anything out.

I can attach the final build later cause for some reason Mids is erroring out on this PC.

I mean I noticed tons of tiny orange numbers floating up, but I figured they were adding up to this huge number.

Any ways, any thoughts on where I went wrong? Oh and which would be better, popping a purple pill on the occasions I get mez'd or being a blue candy junky? 

Clarion is great though, at T3, left side, 120 sec buff one, I haven't gotten mez'd by regular mobs once. It feels great sitting in melee not worrying about that, but the blue-bar blues is the pits.

Corruptor (Dual Pistols - Time Manipulation)-6.mbd

Edited by WuTang
spelling and added build