Scavengers Reign (Max)

After having this one recommended to me and sitting in my watch list for awhile I sat down to watch an episode or two last night and ended up watching six out of twelve of them. This is an animated series that was nominated for an Emmy in the Outstanding Animated Program category this year. It definitely has my stamp of approval.

Set in the distant future a deep space colony mission encounters some serious malfunctions near an unknown habitable planet. An unknown amount of escape pods are launched to the planets surface and the ship goes dead above orbit. The survivors find themselves stranded, alone and separated on a very, very strange world. And when I say strange, I mean the world is so strange that it is it's own character. Not only is nearly everything hostile but bizarre as well. One of those you'll have to watch it to see what I'm talking about situations.  I highly recommend this one, unless being horrified is not a thing you're into.

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

This show came to Netflix recently and I was mildly interested. When I saw the title of this thread I didnt think it was the same thing.

Apparently Max cancelled it and Netflix picked it up. Since the show's release, it has received critical acclaim, praising the acting, plot, animation and atmosphere so hopefully Netflix does something good with it.

Are you looking for Ultramode style, candy coated enhancements and powers?

WELL YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!!

(they're also in the City Mod installer)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LKN-351 said:

This show came to Netflix recently and I was mildly interested. When I saw the title of this thread I didnt think it was the same thing.

Apparently Max cancelled it and Netflix picked it up. Since the show's release, it has received critical acclaim, praising the acting, plot, animation and atmosphere so hopefully Netflix does something good with it.

Interesting. I dropped Netflix a few years back so I wasn't aware it was on there.

22 minutes ago, Luminara said:

That trailer gives me a Pandorum vibe.

I remember that movie but it's been ages since I saw it. Usually horror stuff isn't my bag.

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

1 hour ago, Frostbiter said:

Interesting. I dropped Netflix a few years back so I wasn't aware it was on there.

I dropped Max a few years back when Titans and Doom Patrol ended but I may have missed a new season of Doom Patrol... I'll have to look into that lol

I guess we both learned something about Scavengers Reign. I hadn't started watching it cause I'm finishing up another series but it looks good.

Are you looking for Ultramode style, candy coated enhancements and powers?

WELL YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!!

(they're also in the City Mod installer)

2 minutes ago, LKN-351 said:

I dropped Max a few years back when Titans and Doom Patrol ended but I may have missed a new season of Doom Patrol... I'll have to look into that lol

I guess we both learned something about Scavengers Reign. I hadn't started watching it cause I'm finishing up another series but it looks good.

Doom Patrol is up to four seasons now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

I finished the last half and it was great. Kind of surprised at the way they wrapped up the first season so well. Also, note to self: Never take space short cuts to try and save a little time. i hope Netflix does something good with any further seasons. To quote one of my favorite moments in cinema history:

galaxyfred.jpg.293b8fdfdb75a6454eab36e537161b56.jpg

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG: