Soft cap def bugged.

Nemicles

I have a shield scrapper currently with 45% melee, 46% ranged and 48% aoe defenses.  While fighting various mobs at my level im seeing a lot of them having hit chances of 40% and up. im seeing alot of hits far more than i ever did when the game was Live.  So either something has been changed by homecoming team and if thats the case they have screwed Defense based powersets,  or there is a bug in the system granting enemies far higher accuracy than they should.  Could we get someone to investigate this please?

You know what's funny is my wife and I are almost seeing the reverse. In the past few days we've been seeing what feels like an inordinate amount of missing on our part, as if MOBs suddenly all have incredibly high defense. It's most likely just our imagination but we both kind of noticed it independently, but at the same time. Of course once you notice you're "missing a lot" it starts to feel like you're missing all the time...

45% isn't a universal soft cap, it just happens to be the most common one. For a bunch of enemies in stuff like Incarnate content it's 59%, and something else applicable for any enemy groups that have +ToHit (Nemesis vengeance, for example).

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

several late game mobs have systems which will make your life harder some have inherent +tohit bonuses (rularru eyeballs have a broken 200% tohit rendering defence worthless) others like nemesis drop vengeance all over the place then there are debuffs as already mentioned.

Long story short "soft cap" is a rough guide, little more.

• 2 weeks later

I know this is somewhat old but I love shield and noticed that sometimes at random (it seems) it is as if I have no defense at all despite my toggles being on and my monitored stats saying I'm at 60% RMA.

This is ONLY happening for me with RMA defense sets. For example, I walk into a level 54 fire farm with only 40% defense to fire and literally almost never get hit, all defense coming from sets and weave. I walk into just a level 50 fire farm, same mission, with RMA defense above 60% and dodge literally nothing, instantly die. It is 100% reproducible. If I had to guess, it seems like sometimes powers are falling outside of the RMA categories somehow. When possible, I'll attempt to record and post this happening.

You are not alone, OP.

If I had to guess, it seems like sometimes powers are falling outside of the RMA categories somehow. When possible, I'll attempt to record and post this happening.

There are some powers that only have a typed tag, no positional tag. However as far as I know all powers like that are Psionic. I don't know what powers enemies use in fire farms but I'm not aware of any fire powers for characters that are missing a positional tag.

Defender Smash!