Request Melee Epic pool powers for Mastermind

boss

Hey, i'm going to try my hand at a request. Can we get some melee attack epic pools for Masterminds. I don't care if they're weaker compared to other AT's powers. Or if they are just looking to keep the AT ranged. Can we get epics of the powers in the pets primaries? Because the powers we have for attacking are lame looking (especially Looking at you Thugs), especially compared to the animations of other sets. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Microphone 1

It'd be really interesting to go all-in on this idea - give them a toggle or perm-able click status protection toggle and some shields, while you're at it!  If we're not going to get the oft-suggested "Commander AT", then something like this could be quite novel...

• Like 2

Here's a very quick and dirty idea:

Take Sentinel Ninja Tool Mastery and slightly tweak it:

1. Ninja Agility: Toggle, +DEF vs Ranged, Melee, AoE.

2. Sting of the Wasp

3. Paralyzing Blade - Take Ninja Blade's Assassin Strike power, (the quick version), have it deal a very minor amount of initial lethal damage, then some toxic DoT + a hold effect.

4. The Lotus Drops

5. Kuji-In Rin, (lower status protection values than other versions of this click power, but still perm-able).

Edited by biostem
  • Like 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Honestly love this. Fight alongside your henchmen, or just like to get your hands dirty vibe? Kind of Mm paradigm shattering lol. Maybe a litttle more value from your pet def aura enhancements too.

You're probly asking for any melee epic set but just thinking if it's a powerset more customized to be specific to Mm's, maybe tie the henches in somehow, like a power that gets them to all focus your target for one attack or something with TP like a pet-only ATT incorporated, maybe where they surround your target? Build a taunt into one'f the henches for that move? This powerset could be one'f those that has several style choices too like stone armor but like lightning or dark or fire? (Dunno if that's incidentally themed but Mm's will always be villains lol)

Honestly Mm's and trollers need a way to keep their pets other than group fly or individually TPing them, though I think that's a fun realistic limitation... just not in combat all the time, esp. on some maps. T_T

On 9/4/2024 at 7:20 PM, Psyonico said:

Mu, Leviathan, and Electrical mastery already have melee attacks.

Blasters specifically get a few melees too but it's not really melee-focused. I think OP probly wants a melee focused and fuller powerset? I wouldn't go to those moves and feel very melee focused, if that's what they're after.

Edited by moonligh7er
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/6/2024 at 6:40 PM, moonligh7er said:

Honestly love this. Fight alongside your henchmen, or just like to get your hands dirty vibe? Kind of Mm paradigm shattering lol. Maybe a litttle more value from your pet def aura enhancements too.

You're probly asking for any melee epic set but just thinking if it's a powerset more customized to be specific to Mm's, maybe tie the henches in somehow, like a power that gets them to all focus your target for one attack or something with TP like a pet-only ATT incorporated, maybe where they surround your target? Build a taunt into one'f the henches for that move? This powerset could be one'f those that has several style choices too like stone armor but like lightning or dark or fire? (Dunno if that's incidentally themed but Mm's will always be villains lol)

Honestly Mm's and trollers need a way to keep their pets other than group fly or individually TPing them, though I think that's a fun realistic limitation... just not in combat all the time, esp. on some maps. T_T

Blasters specifically get a few melees too but it's not really melee-focused. I think OP probly wants a melee focused and fuller powerset? I wouldn't go to those moves and feel very melee focused, if that's what they're after.

Exactly, I want to get down and dirty and not just with generic attacks. If my pets or ninjas, it just breaks my immersion when I run up and throw a wimpy punch while my ninjas are lotus dropping and doing storm kicks. 

What would you guys think about getting a choice as a mastermind for the attack powers that we get in our primary? For instance, in the ninja set; you could choose between Melee or ranged. Then it could ask you if you want Ninja Blade or Martial Arts. For ranged it could be the bow like it has or shuriken's.

6 minutes ago, boss said:

What would you guys think about getting a choice as a mastermind for the attack powers that we get in our primary?

While not against the idea per se, the devs have stated a dislike for the "either-or" kind of option like we see in sentinel's super reflexes, so I don't see this happening, which is why a new APP with a melee focus could work, instead...

it might take more work, but I like the idea of epic pools tied to the minion selection. Give thugs a baseball bat, marcs a combat knife, zombies get the death knight's sword, etc

done with the Moogle "community" here. since they obviously don't care about anything lore wise and poop on people who do.  Moogle backstory guide might be uploaded in a 3rd location when i finish the revision. no, it may not be put on the wiki, and what was there of my first one has been REMOVED! please do not reupload. i'm not giving the people here the benefit of the work just to be pooped on and told "lol, let people play how they want, f you." (you can than xXLimpBizkitFanXx, KupoKaiser, daRealSid, boxdestroyer2002, OwlBoy, BrayCat, ButtStroke420, Spencer Gifts LLC, president obama, the San Antonio police Department, my mom not letting me use the computer room after 9pm, GM_Vietnam, Sharkey, DanceDanceCommunistRevolution, my wife's boyfriend Carl, ChronicIBS, shortstackgoblin, sharif for not liking it, Rusty Shackleford, harshBDSMmaster, AcceptAllCookies, BundleOfSchticks, Stygian Owl, Farticus_Rex, Cockroach Girl, Oranbega_Beggar, The People's Democratic Republic of Glendale, GoDaddydotCom, ClarrisaExplains: it all, My Chemical Gluten Allergy, Square Phoenix, Sharkey ((again)), and the rest for making that very clear.)