Order to do new 50+ content in?

Erydanus

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out what order the level 50 content happens in without spoilering myself by looking it up.  That already somewhat happened because as I just started Night Ward on a villain he got a message from Arachnos that lead into some very far-forward story content involving Hami on a rampage that I think should probably be shuffled into the level 50 content. I'm sure this stuff was all added in a certain order but coming back to the game and running into it all at once is overwhelming.

As a new hero 50, I think Dark Astoria is first and then maybe Belladona Vetrano? And the digital doctor guy from Vanguard at some point?

What is the storyline order of the various Incarnate trials? About where does the Admiral Sutter TF slot in to the timeline?

Thanks for your help.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Some I ran into recently that are still fresh in my mind:

The signature story arc in Steel Canyon referenced things that happen in new Dark Astoria (which I hadn't done yet on this character, so I found it funny when it said I did them).

Rikti Warzone storyline has stuff related to Faultline (level 15-ish). It's a bit more fun if you've done the Faultline story.

For the order of late additions such as incarnate trials, perhaps reference the Issues list and see what order they were released in - https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Issue

Well of course the list of when material was added is readily available but you can't assume everything happens in the order it was added. Night Ward for instance was added in i23 along with the Vetrano arc, and the wiki notes that Vetrano happens after Night Ward and Dark Astoria. But the problem is the devs definitely did some back fill as well. Like, I was doing Maria Jenkins arc and she mentioned to me that Statesman was dead. Well, news flash? No story material I had encountered in the game yet had that happen and as far as I knew it, so maybe I should have been doing Who Will Die? all along. 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Go to paragon wiki, click on incarnate trials, that page will give a list of trials, in order of story elements and suggested level requirements without any spoilers.

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster

Go to paragon wiki, click on incarnate trials, that page will give a list of trials, in order of story elements and suggested level requirements without any spoilers.

I love that site!  I keep a browser tab open on it whenever I play!

What was no more, is REBORN!

I think they mention State's death as early as the new Atlas Park arc.  It's all over the place and brought up pretty much any time States is mentioned.  That or he or his references will be replaced with Positron or Miss Liberty. 

I thiiiink the order is...  unrelated and un-updated blue content and old, flashback Tina/Maria, and most redside content >  RWZ/LGTF and Cimerora/ITF > TF with Reichsman in it (I forget the contact name) > 1-20 Gold-side content > Who Will Die (while minding some older content altered States mentions) > new Tina/Maria, newer sub-level 50 stuff like Roy Cooling > the "become an Incarnate" arc in Ouroboros > Apex/Tin Mage > BAF / Lamba > Keys > Dark Astoria and trials up to Diabloique (in order of difficulty) > Belladona > remaining trials with Magistarium last > New Praetorians arc and the redside equivalent

I'm sure I'm missing some, might have some a little out of order, and its a bit rough.  But I think that's more or less the order.  Dunno when Pandora's Box, First Ward, or Night Ward take place since never played them.

You can also go to Ouroboros Flashback and see when content was added by Issue number as later content usually happens later chronologically.

Edit:  maybe a simpler way to put things, I can say with certainty

All RWZ before any Incarnate or Praetorian content

Most content in the game before Dark Astoria, Cimerora especially

Who Will Die before Tina/Maria, but after RWZ and Cimerora, although those and other older content may have been updated to mention State's Death

1-20 Goldside before Tina/Maria

Tina/Maria before any non-flashback Praetorian or Incarnate content

Reichman's TF before any Incarnate stuff

First/Night Wards probably before any Incarnate or Praetorian invasion content

Incarnate TFs before Incarnate trials

iTrials are in chronological order of difficulty

Belladona after DA/Diabloique but before Magisterium

New Praetorians and equivalent are the absolute latest AFAIK

Pandora's Box is somewhere