Could Regen be proliferated to tankers?

I don't think regeneration will be able to handle (+4) players 8 without MoG. There is no way you will be able contribute to the team (Tankers are kinda soul-bound to team-play due to their lack of damage output and their inherent is focused on this). Trying to tank for a group say even when MoG is unlocked, (without large recharge bonuses to make it up 50% of the time) would make the tanker a dead-weight for the time it is down. If Tankers receive Regeneration as a viable option for the role of.. well tanking, it would take heavy rework for it to be viable in the early stages of you contributing to the role.

I like the idea, but doubt it is as simple as 'copying and pasting' (Ik this is not how it works obv.) into the tanker pool. It would have to bring some form of damage mitigation from the start, and

My thought process,

If you have a Tanker who can both possess 2000% regeneration = 8.5%ish life per second @ 3200 MaxHP. That is around 278 life per second (massive)

AND on top of that, is an AT can achieve 90% damage mitigation.

It basically means you're immortal.

I think it would be way too hard to balance, unless you creatively make it a unique version of the set. Because it will be too weak in the early stages, and way to OP in the later.

There is also Willpower.

Here's an ambitious idea. Lets just take Atlas City, replace Atlas with our Lord and savoir Recluse, tint the map evil and call it a day?

I wish they would proliferate regen to tanks.  Tanking +4 x8 is not the standard for a bone stock tank.  A tank doing that is either full of IO’s or has lots of support, both of which will benefit regen as well.  The thing with regen is you have to play reactive not passive.  A regen toon will see their health go up and down constantly.  That’s the nature of the set in the same vein as super reflexes.  Super reflexes is either largely untouched or hurting real bad.  Regen’s  health just goes up and down.  If you come out the other end of a fight with the same hp as an invuln tank then you just tanked it equally well.  It doesn’t matter if you were a roller coaster during the fight.  Regen does have to use its clicks but it has a lot of them and between the 4 of them there should always be an option.  Brutes already have it and can make good use of it. I think it could be ported directly to tanks with archetype appropriate numbers.  It could use a bit of treatment like the sentinel version but I think it’s totally viable in its current state as well

Guardian survivor

I see your points,

:) my intentions are good :) But if your health fluctuates up and down as the play-style you suggest, if the Tanker were to die due to 10 enemies attacking all at once.. There's a pretty good chance it could wipe out the team. I only suggest this cause I never thought to use regeneration on a Brute. Now you got me curious on what it would do for a tanker.

Here's an ambitious idea. Lets just take Atlas City, replace Atlas with our Lord and savoir Recluse, tint the map evil and call it a day?

It would be difficult for new players to understand since Regen works very differently than other kits, and it might disrupt PvP.  Since I'm okay with both of those things (we have the forums and Discord to explain CoH's weirdnesses to players, and PvP could stand some disrupting), I'd say go for it.  It's not like that can of worms wasn't already opened with Rebirth Destiny anyway.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

I see your points,

:) my intentions are good :) But if your health fluctuates up and down as the play-style you suggest, if the Tanker were to die due to 10 enemies attacking all at once.. There's a pretty good chance it could wipe out the team. I only suggest this cause I never thought to use regeneration on a Brute. Now you got me curious on what it would do for a tanker.

With just SOs or regular IOs they would still be pretty sqhishie.  With set bonuses and Incarnates they would be pretty unstoppable.  Like imagine capped HP, heal up every 15 seconds but not needed because they are also at the regen cap.