Should I swap?

Torch

So my main character on live was a Fire/Fire blaster. Thematically he's gotta stick in that but I always found myself ignoring most of the secondary abilities and still smacking the floor plenty. I've heard Corruptors make for more survivability and I like being more of an asset to the team with healing and such. Should I go Fire/Thermal corruptor or will i be missing out on that sweet sweet damage?

IMHO, pure damage is ok, but sets with useful secondaries make for better synergy (rad debuffs def, sonic resist etc) 

Having a corruptor's support secondary keeps it a little safer (no melee ranging) and can fill in crucial buff/debuffs the team needs

Fire/Time - Max Defense..Buffed Endurance..Heal...Slows..-Regen baddies... nuff said :)

Fire/Time is my absolute fav Corruptor build.

Sounds pretty neat, gonna keep thermal for this guy for thematic reasons, but it sounds like i'm making a safe change based on my preferred playstyle.

Fire/Thermal is a great theme.

If anyone expects you to heal, go ahead and tell them, "I will support this team with buffs and debuffs, which are vastly superior. This is not WoW."

As a Hydro/therm corrupter I tell my team I make an excellent back up healer, but not a main healer. This way they don't expect me to carry the weight of keeping the team alive. As long as we are on the same page everyone seems happy.

I changed all the colors in hydro to reds and orange to fit my lava theme.