Lanaru the Mad

marcussmythe

In a (much less impressive) version of Stupid Scrapper Tricks inspired by the Duo-STF, I decided to take on the weekly trial, solo, last Saturday.  Faathim the kind sent me out, various AVs went down, all Rularru in Caves were Defeated...

But I hit a wall in Lanarruu.  Hurting him isnt hard (a -4 Marauder I hit in an overleved arc was much harder to hurt!), but he just murdered me within a minute or so.  Inspirations ran out, he didnt miss much (even through overcapped defense - 6.5% adds up) and when he did hit, there were debuffs.

Oh, and its raining blizzard slow death all the time.

I'm rolling TW/Bioarmor.  Bioarmor is for all its awesome probably not the best choice for dealing with heavy energy damage hits while slugging it out 1v1 with an AV (so much of Bio's Cool Regen relies on crowd-slurping).  TW definitely lends itself to 'kill it first the playstyle'.  No doubt something else more resist focused, with dark melee for a constant self heal, would be a better choice for the mission.

Im planning on heading back out in a week or two, once the purples come in and the incarnate slots fill out.  If necessary, will bring Shivans and maybe other summonables along, might even build a separate set of Incarnates for him (Im thinking Barrier and some beefy ranged nuke pets).

Anyone bagged this guy 1v1?  Any thoughts or tricks beyond the obvious 'bring every temp summon and summon them all right before you engage under the effects of maxed out inspirations and an Ultimate Inspiration'?  And yes, Im aware that 'solo' and 'bring all the pets' seems counterintuitive, but 1.)  Its a shard of a dimensional god, and 2.) He summons stuff, I can too. :)

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

I soloed him for the weekly with my TW/WP. I didn't use Lore pets - not as a deliberate challenge, I'd used them for Baphomet and they weren't back yet, so I just went for it. I did use inspirations, and I think I tossed a couple Envenomed Daggers, but no 'big' temp powers.

Focused Accuracy for the -tohit resistance made his Hurricane a non-issue, but popping yellows should be fine too. I didn't have any particular issues surviving; IIRC I popped a couple purples and a bunch of reds, and he died before my tray ran empty. Did you clear his adds away before engaging?

Unless you're running on +4 or something, I doubt you need Shivans or other crazy tricks. Using /ah to load up on large insps should be plenty.

I soloed him for the weekly with my TW/WP. I didn't use Lore pets - not as a deliberate challenge, I'd used them for Baphomet and they weren't back yet, so I just went for it. I did use inspirations, and I think I tossed a couple Envenomed Daggers, but no 'big' temp powers.

Focused Accuracy for the -tohit resistance made his Hurricane a non-issue, but popping yellows should be fine too. I didn't have any particular issues surviving; IIRC I popped a couple purples and a bunch of reds, and he died before my tray ran empty. Did you clear his adds away before engaging?

Unless you're running on +4 or something, I doubt you need Shivans or other crazy tricks. Using /ah to load up on large insps should be plenty.

You were my other inspiration! I didnt have a problem hitting him, oddly, he just killed me.  Given that you did it on WP, obviously I dont need the damage out of Bio-Offensive.  Efficient may be a better choice, but I anticipate WP still has more stable self-healing in a 1v1 than Bio does.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

In a (much less impressive) version of Stupid Scrapper Tricks inspired by the Duo-STF, I decided to take on the weekly trial, solo, last Saturday.  Faathim the kind sent me out, various AVs went down, all Rularru in Caves were Defeated...

But I hit a wall in Lanarruu.  Hurting him isnt hard (a -4 Marauder I hit in an overleved arc was much harder to hurt!), but he just murdered me within a minute or so.  Inspirations ran out, he didnt miss much (even through overcapped defense - 6.5% adds up) and when he did hit, there were debuffs.

Oh, and its raining blizzard slow death all the time.

I'm rolling TW/Bioarmor.  Bioarmor is for all its awesome probably not the best choice for dealing with heavy energy damage hits while slugging it out 1v1 with an AV (so much of Bio's Cool Regen relies on crowd-slurping).  TW definitely lends itself to 'kill it first the playstyle'.  No doubt something else more resist focused, with dark melee for a constant self heal, would be a better choice for the mission.

Im planning on heading back out in a week or two, once the purples come in and the incarnate slots fill out.  If necessary, will bring Shivans and maybe other summonables along, might even build a separate set of Incarnates for him (Im thinking Barrier and some beefy ranged nuke pets).

Anyone bagged this guy 1v1?  Any thoughts or tricks beyond the obvious 'bring every temp summon and summon them all right before you engage under the effects of maxed out inspirations and an Ultimate Inspiration'?  And yes, Im aware that 'solo' and 'bring all the pets' seems counterintuitive, but 1.)  Its a shard of a dimensional god, and 2.) He summons stuff, I can too. :)

I beat him but barely, my only saving grace was Siphon Life. I was debuffed to hell doing it and my lore pets were toast two mins into the fight despite me placing them way back.