Looking for some TW/X magic!

NiyceOne

I left the game about 2 years before shut down playing an NrG/Invul Brute. I resurrected him upon my return to the game and meh...

I'm going to use his name, likeness and backstory but I would like a new power set. I've tried all the primaries and found that I absolutely love TW. I'm just having a hard time pairing it with a secondary and this is where I need some advice. I'm open to anything but Bio, just doesn't do it for me. I would be focused primarily on group PvE, AE Farms and the occasional solo. If anyone is able to spare the time to list pro's/con's of how TW interacts with secondaries that would be amazing. On a side note I am leaning towards TW/Elec.

Thanks in advance! 

I left the game about 2 years before shut down playing an NrG/Invul Brute. I resurrected him upon my return to the game and meh...

I'm going to use his name, likeness and backstory but I would like a new power set. I've tried all the primaries and found that I absolutely love TW. I'm just having a hard time pairing it with a secondary and this is where I need some advice. I'm open to anything but Bio, just doesn't do it for me. I would be focused primarily on group PvE, AE Farms and the occasional solo. If anyone is able to spare the time to list pro's/con's of how TW interacts with secondaries that would be amazing. On a side note I am leaning towards TW/Elec.

Thanks in advance!

Group PvE= Anything is fine, that's pretty much the point.

AE Farms= If you're saying you wish to be the one being the farmer, then TW is inefficient for this. Depending on the secondary you can of course endure the hits of other things (ie /fire and the plethora of fire farms) but the speed at which you do so may be less than that of counterparts with other primaries like spines or rad etc.  So if you're willing to accept that it would take you half to two thirds more time then that's your prerogative. 

If you're saying to join someone else on a farm, then as with group pve(since technically that's what it is), anything is ok.

Solo= Anything is ok.  Why? because in the worst case scenario, you can adjust settings to -1 and or use temp powers(against healing AV's etc) like the poison dagger from p2w vendor if you need.

---

That all said then, TW does, in my opinion work very well with bio which you say doesn't match you. Why doesn't it match you though?  If it is due to visuals, remember you can opt in the costume options to put the power on minimal f/x.  If it is due to the 3 toggle choices and switching between them, I'd encourage you to try to learn to do it.  The efficiency toggle with its end conservation is really good for TW.

However if you're deadest on not being /bio, then electric would be potentially a good choice. Its end recoup and speed increase helps TW but the only thing would be that in regards to AE farms that most use, you'd have to take a bit more effort to try to cap your resistances and defenses for some of those Farms and remember that there are no pure energy farms(electrics best), but again it depends which farms you would choose.

If you're looking for a pure challenge then TW/Stone would be the most challenging for you to play due to its inherent slows, the endurance requirements, etc to your powers paired with tw's limitations. The only good thing would be the damage of TW helping limit the -dam from stone.

Pretty much most else I think is going to fall somewhere in between and will just then depend on how much effort you put into your choices of slotting and what you slot in the powers to help get over the limitations that the combinations would give you.

But just keep in mind that nothing does it all the best because there is no such thing as best.  Some shine better than others and opting to go counter to what others have discovered are the better combinations for certain game play needs means you're making that hill that much more challenging to climb.

Thanks in advance!

Right off: Titan Weapons is bad for farms.  Too slow, too endurance-heavy, not optimal.  Wouldn't suggest it unless someone else is farming for you.

Now.

I'm gonna sound like a broken record when it comes to Titan Weapons but it is not entirely unlike the joke about the A-10 being a plane attached to a gun: The plane is an accessory.  It is a means to get the gun in the air.  So too with your secondary and Titan Weapons: Those powers exist to facilitate you hitting things in the face with a fuck-off huge hammer and never, ever stopping.  You're going to want either +recharge, some form of endurance recovery, or both.  Not all of them are equal, so here we go.

Elec Armor: A personal favorite.  +Recharge in Lightning Reflexes, an endurance discount in Energize, Power Sink is a PBAoE auto-hit endurance leech, and capped endurance debuff resist so you can taunt a Sapper and let him see just how pointless his existence really is.  Unfortunately Energize and Power Sink come a bit late, there's no -recharge resist, and non-energy resistance tends to fall by the wayside.

Energy Aura: I bet a lot of people forgot this existed.  It's typed defense that leans heavy on energy, sure, but Entropic Aura gives you +recharge for nearby enemies, and it's got the same Energize and Power Sink (here named Energy Drain) as Elec Armor as well as endurance drain resist; the drain comes at 28 instead of 35 like with Elec.  It's actually been improved upon quite a bit since i6.  That heal and +recharge weren't there originally, I can tell you that.

Fiery Aura: Consume is a nearly free endurance leech at level 20, so that's good, and Fiery Embrace is more damage, which is also nice.  But you're gonna be a little brittle, and stacking Tough and Weave to fix that is going to eat into your endurance.  Probably Combat Jumping too, for a knockback resist IO.

Ice Armor: More typed defense and more endurance leeches, but it also adds to your defense, and the tier 9 "push X to not die" power recovers endurance.  What this has to offer is probably better on Tankers than it is on Brutes though, least of all TW Brutes.  I mean, are you really going to run its two auras?

Radiation Armor: It has +recharge based on nearby enemies, it has a +recovery passive, it has a clicky that gives you health AND endurance for nearby enemies, it has a tier 9 that's actually kind of usable and also boosts your recovery rate while it's active.  On paper, at least, it's really good.  Overtuned, one could say.

Regeneration: No. (I mained a /Regen for the longest time on Live.  It hurts me to say this.)

Willpower: The "I don't want Bio Armor but I want its defenses" set.  Quick Recovery is more endurance, what can I say?

But if you were asking me?  Willpower, Rad Armor, Elec Armor.  I'd add Energy Aura to that but I'd have to run the numbers first.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.